Options
    bump!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    YUM!
  • SDHudgins1976
    Options
    OH this sounds soooo good, too bad I'm allergic to tomatoes.... and most Doritos have tomato powder in them...
    BUT The spicer nacho doesn't so maybe I'll try those!!!
  • Nalgh94
    Nalgh94 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    yum
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Have you tried frying chicken in a pan? My oven is broken but I would love to try this! Would it taste as good? :s
  • dmaloof2013
    dmaloof2013 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yummmmmmmmmmm! Definitely trying!
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    yum!!!
  • cardsfanlv
    cardsfanlv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Made this a few times last year. Making it again tomorrow. Love this recipe. Bumping this.
  • Missi3601
    Missi3601 Posts: 264
    Options
    bump
  • TabithaRyan68
    TabithaRyan68 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    We have done the same recipe with sour cream and onion chips!! It is spectacular!! NOM NOM NOM :bigsmile:
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Look good, will have to try!
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Umm...yummy!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I find that my food gets boring. So sometimes I like to crust chicken with doritos. No big deal.
    Now, if you're anything like me, and love doritos, you'll love this chicken. I know they obviously aren't the healthiest chip out there, but if you don't let yourself ever have the things you love, you'll just be miserable!
    Keep in mind, this recipe is for a single serving. I'm usually just cooking for myself, but it can easily be scaled up!

Ingredients:
    1 boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded thin, 3 oz.
    0.85 ounces of nacho cheese doritos, about 8-10 chips, crushed up.
    1 egg
    salt and pepper

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 375 F
    2. Take chicken breast, and season generously with salt and pepper.
    3. Coat breast in beaten egg. (NOTE: You won't nearly use all the egg. You can substitute this with about a tbsp of egg beaters to avoid wasting it)
    4. Place chicken in crushed up doritos, pressing down to insure as many as possible stick to both sides.
    5. On a foil lined baking sheet, sprayed with cooking spray, place the chicken. Spray the top with a bit more spray!
    6. Place in oven. Cook for 10 minutes, then flip and continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes on the other side, until internal temp reaches 185 F.
    7. Enjoy!

Now, as you can see in the picture, I had this with some rice and carrots. But you could just as easily slap it between some bread with a little bit of mayo, lettuce, etc. Sounds better than any fast food I've ever had!
    This chicken was the perfect treat for my doritos obsession, and it was wonderfully crunchy! The flavor mellowed out a bit in the oven, so if you're worried about super orange glow nacho flavor, don't be! It's subtle and fabulous. Hope you try it!

Nutritional Info:
    Serving size: 1 piece. Calories: 220 Fat: 9 g Protein: 20 g Carbs: 14 g Fiber: 1 g Sodium: 345 mg.

1412745d.jpg

This is terrible waste of perfectly good Doritos!
  • Sher414
    Sher414 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That looks sooooo good!
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking for later.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    A bar near my house does corn chip crusted chicken breast served with all the nacho toppings (guac, salsa, sour cream and jalapenos) its SO good.
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Looks so good!!!
  • renfrowife
    renfrowife Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump