gall bladder attacks

Options
2»

Replies

• rexroars
    rexroars Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Have you been tested for Celiac disease?

I went to the doctor to ask about Celiac, and I had already stopped eating gluten for a month (or maybe more) at that point. I eat it very, very rarely now (it makes me sooooo gassy it's so embarassing....) and I really don't want to eat it again for a long time or have a colonoscopy... And I can eat like.. one sandwich a week and just be a little gassy and not super sick (sorry tmi lol)

The doctor did however thankfully confirm I do not have crohn's disease for sure. It's also definitely not lactose because I eat a ton of greek yogurt and drink a ton of (cow) milk and eat string cheese all the time.

My biggest problem now is that I'm still having stomach trouble with high fat foods, and also a lot of packaged foods (one big one is anything with added fiber. That stuff kills me!). Like obviously I shouldn't be eating a ton of that stuff anyway, but it concerns me that my roommate (approx same height, weight and age) is perfectly fine after eating something that makes me so sick...

Or another example, I went home for Easter and my mom grilled hamburgers and fried tater tots and then we also ate ice cream with candy, which is a lot more calories/fat than I'm used to eating in one sitting, and I was so sick I couldn't walk without throwing up or blacking out.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Have you been tested for Celiac disease?

I went to the doctor to ask about Celiac, and I had already stopped eating gluten for a month (or maybe more) at that point. I eat it very, very rarely now (it makes me sooooo gassy it's so embarassing....) and I really don't want to eat it again for a long time or have a colonoscopy... And I can eat like.. one sandwich a week and just be a little gassy and not super sick (sorry tmi lol)

The doctor did however thankfully confirm I do not have crohn's disease for sure. It's also definitely not lactose because I eat a ton of greek yogurt and drink a ton of (cow) milk and eat string cheese all the time.

My biggest problem now is that I'm still having stomach trouble with high fat foods, and also a lot of packaged foods (one big one is anything with added fiber. That stuff kills me!). Like obviously I shouldn't be eating a ton of that stuff anyway, but it concerns me that my roommate (approx same height, weight and age) is perfectly fine after eating something that makes me so sick...

Or another example, I went home for Easter and my mom grilled hamburgers and fried tater tots and then we also ate ice cream with candy, which is a lot more calories/fat than I'm used to eating in one sitting, and I was so sick I couldn't walk without throwing up or blacking out.

I hate to tell you this but the only way to know for sure whether you have Crohn's or not is to have a colonoscopy. You said you don't want to have a colonoscopy so I'm assuming you've never had one, so I'm not sure how your doctor confirmed you don't have Crohn's. I was told my whole life I only had IBS but when I went to have a colonoscopy, that's when I was diagnosed with Crohn's.

You really need to go to your doctor about the throwing up and blacking out. That shouldn't be happening. You definitely have something going on that needs to be addressed!!

Do you have a gastroenterologist?
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    If you think it might be Crohn's, wouldn't hurt to give this remedy a try (seen on People's Pharmacy on PBS). I've known a number of people that it worked for, all very quickly.

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2013/02/25/coconut-defeats-debilitating-diarrhea/
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    My issues with my gallbladder came on after having kids. I actually had mine removed 4 weeks after my youngest son was born. I was very reticent about having it removed, but I never received any solid advice on how to keep my gallbladder working functionally after the onset of the attacks; everything I researched was anecdotal at best. And doctors are trained just to remove it as a cure. I believe the 4 biggest factors are what they call the 4 F's: Fat, female, fair (skinned), fertile. Those markers are indicative of the most likely group of people to have issues with their gallbladder. I never had any issues after mine was removed.