Anyone use the Zombies, Run! app?

Options
Has anyone here used the Zombies, Run! App? Its $4 on the google play store and I just want to know if i should buy it or not.

Replies

• suzibanshee
    suzibanshee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's great :)
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Love it. If you're new to running though, you might want to consider getting the ZR 5k training app. Though you can get the regular ZR app and do your own run/walk intervals...just don't turn on the zombie chase option.
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this before! Not a big runner (since ever), but I'm definitely intrigued. *rushes to google*
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Yes! Do it! It is so worth the money, I love it. I use it regularly and listening to the story motivates me. Some days I won't feel like getting off my couch but I want to know what happens next do I turn on zombies run and go!
  • srobertking
    srobertking Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Well worth it! I'm almost done with season 1.
  • jessical_otoole
    Options
    I should definitely try this once I reach the running period of my journey, :)
  • PrincetteNerdlord
    Options
    Thanks for the feed back everyone I'll definitely be purchasing it later :3
  • tethar
    tethar Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm on Season 1, I just got back in from Mission 15, and I bought it when it first came out, paid ten dollars for it and used it twice.

But then I picked it back up about a month ago, and I am so happy with it. The story keeps me engaged, I have had so many feelings over this game.

You don't even need to run, if you can't yet. You can go any speed you want, and when the zombie chases come up, you just need to increase your pace by 20% for 60 seconds. Set it up with your music, sync it to your computer, you can see exactly where you ran if you used your GPS, and it gives you all the data about how far you ran, how fast, how long, etc. It's really awesome to do with friends too.

In the story, you are "Runner 5", and you just (pretty much literally) fell in with a group of people surviving the Zombie hordes. You are quickly recruited as a runner for Abel Township by Sam, who runs the coms and guides you through you missions, and you meet all kinds of different people that are living in this landscape. It's really cool and a lot of fun.

My name is Tasare on there if you want to add a buddy, once you get your zombie link account set up.
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have to check this out, sounds like fun. How long is the story, I walk about 1 1/2 hours every morning and want to start intervals to build up to jogging.
  • tethar
    Options
    I have to check this out, sounds like fun. How long is the story, I walk about 1 1/2 hours every morning and want to start intervals to build up to jogging.
    You can set it to go either about 30 minutes or about 60 minutes. It uses your music to fill in the gaps while your character is just running and there's no story bits, and your songs can be short or long, so I usually go half an hour, and sometimes its 25 minutes, sometimes 30.
  • tethar
    Options
    I should definitely try this once I reach the running period of my journey, :)
    You don't need to run it! Or you can run parts and not other parts. If you have the Zombie Chases turned on, you just need to increase your pace 20% for 60 seconds. So the game customizes to your level, not the other way around.
  • lhbowen
    lhbowen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started the Zombie 5K app. It was a great deal of fun.
  • all4rescue
    all4rescue Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am usuing the couch to 5k. Can the Zombie run be used like that? I also use my ipod do I need wireless for the whole run for it to work?
  • all4rescue
    all4rescue Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am using the couch to 5k. Can the Zombie run be used like that? I also use my ipod do I need wireless for the whole run for it to work?
  • lmaking
    lmaking Posts: 9
    Options
    You don't need WiFi with either Zombies, run! or Zombies 5K. The only thing you'll miss out on is the GPS tracking; it helps to track your distance and speed. To compensate, both apps will measure your footsteps...but note that that can be inaccurate sometimes.

The best thing about these apps though is how engaging they are. I just finished the 5k training and couldn't believe how well I was able to increase my distance and time. Now I'm on to the Zombies, run! and I love the stories. I run along some unpaved nature trails early in the morning so I don't use music for safety reasons but I love the interjection of stories...it helps push me harder (though my three-year-old Old English Sheepdog sets a pretty damn good pace too).
  • speckled_raven
    speckled_raven Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Zombies, Run app for 2 years now. Love it! Totally worth the money (I paid more than that for it myself!).
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Love zombies run!
  • InaraReynolds
    InaraReynolds Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Been meaning to try this for sometime now and the comments here really sealed it!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    If you buy the app does it automatically start on season 1?? When I looked it up in iTunes it mentioned something about season 3...do you have to buy each season separately??
  • SweetPegasai
    SweetPegasai Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Love this app. I'm just getting into Season 2, and am loving getting out and running. I also have 5k, but I'm waiting for them to add the external music player to it...And I'm hoping for interval training to be added to the android version.

You get portions of each season free, but to get the entire series, you have to buy passes to the expanded seasons. I've gotten all three, since I've always been in love with the series since I started it.