people in 30's trying to lose weight

Hi I just started this topic for people like me in their 30's and trying to lose weight for motivation and support. If you want to post something motivational and/or inspirational here is the place to do it. Sometimes we all could use a little motivation from friends so feel free to post.

Replies

• THenry8
    THenry8 Posts: 62 Member
    I was in my lowest point for a long time since my college years. I started gaining weight and never stopped. It got worse when I was in my junior year in college. I wasn't able to move as much. I had a hard time getting through my remaining years in college. I was able to graduate from CSUSB, but I still had weight issues. When I knew that I almost had diabetes; I also had sleep apnea, high blood pressure, etc.. I knew I need to do something, but I wasn't inspired yet. As a huge WWE fan, I saw a WWE match for the World Heavyweight Championship between Alberto Del Rio and The Big Show in 2013. Alberto Del Rio showed show much heart and strength throughout this and he would never give up the fight. By the end of the match, I felt so much inspiration from it that I needed to be stronger for my health, my family and friends, and for myself.

I then started my weight loss journey ever since that moment by taking classes for Bariatric Surgery, learning how to manage my weight, exercising when I need to, and more. Eventually, I had my Gastric Sleeve Surgery on June 3, 2013. It was difficult at first, because of the pain in my stomach, but it went away in only a few months. I did had minor problems in the beginning, because I wasn't drinking enough fluids at the time. Since then, I now carry a water bottle at all times to get the protein and fluids that I need for the day.

Now, here I am in almost at my first year post-op anniversary and I can proudly say that I have become a little bit more stronger in my need to be alive, to feel free again, and to live the rest of my life as a woman with a mission: To inspire many others with my weight loss story and music(my unique talent). Almost lost a total of 200 pounds throughout this and I'm still losing weight. From 430 pounds, I am now 238.9 pounds and it feels great to be so healthy again. Everyone can make a change in their weight. It just takes time and patience to let the results flow.
  • blesseddiva77
    blesseddiva77 Posts: 32 Member
    very inspirational and I am happy for you!!
  • blesseddiva77
    very inspirational and yes there is a lot of movtivation and encouragement. I have been overweight most of my life. As I grew up I looked to food for comfort not thinking about the food I was eating was very dangerous to my health. I was tired all the time, couldn't fit in to nice clothes, and I had high cholestrol, high blood pressure and at risk for diabetes. About 2 months ago (2 months in 7 days) I decided it was time to make a lifestyle change. I started walking 2miles a day for 2 weeks then I wanted to do something different so I joined a gym and I workout there now. I am feeling better than I have in a while. my cholestrol and bp are in normal range. I went to try on a xl shirt Saturday and it fit loosely I have not been able to wear a xl since I was a teenager. I want to encourage everyone to please don't give up, I know it's hard but don't stop moving forward. SN: when I started walking I lost 2 pounds, going to the gym I lost 10 pounds and since mfp I lost 4 pounds.
  • blesseddiva77
    thank you to those who shared their stories they were very inspirational and motivational. Let's keep the motivation going all inspirational stories or words of encouragement are welcomed and encouraged. Much success to everyone
  • ljb304
    ljb304 Posts: 151 Member
    Blessed diva - This is a great Idea.

Thenry - Wow! You've lost a whole person. That's so awesome!

Paws - Congrats on the loss so far. Good luck on the next 30!

Well I've been overweight pretty much since puberty! I think I've tried just about every diet out there. Twice I've lost a large amount of weight only to put it back on. The first time I lost weight I kept it off a year or so then I met my now husband and we went out to eat all the time and the weight came back on gradually over the years. Then a few years ago I got a good start, lost 50 lbs and was doing great. Went on vacation and bam lost all focus and will power.

So now I am back at it again. This time I am doing Fast 5 and I love it. I can really seeing this as being a new lifestyle for me. Something I can stick with and hopefully get it all off and keep it off this time. It is much harder now than when I was younger. I'm 35 (36 in a few weeks, even though I def don't look it :wink: ). But I must persevere because I won't be fat for the rest of my life. I just can't allow that! I will be an inspiration one day to all 30-somethings that we can do it!
  • castlefuzz
    castlefuzz Posts: 99 Member
    I understand how hard it is to lose weight in your 30.I am 31 and I am over weight.I am trying to lose weight too.I am happy to be supportive and have your back the rest of on here. :)
  • AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    I'm 32 and also trying to lose weight! I have had an issue with my weight since my teens. This time I am determined for it to work! Good luck!
  • ShaunShaunphenomenon
    ShaunShaunphenomenon Posts: 141 Member
    edited November 2014
    Yep, i'm dead on 30 (for now) and will be working towards a weight loss, but always remember, you're a great person who is unique and amazing. Who even if you don't know you have, you might have made their day.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Love it! I'm 35 and don't remember a time when I was EVER a "normal" weight. Maybe when I was under 5? LOL Friends are always welcome!