Hip Hop Abs or Rocking Body?

Options
tress29
tress29 Posts: 614 Member
I'm trying to find a fun dance-based exercise program to use with one of my boys. He's 15, and within the standard height/weight table but he get softs around the middle (kinda like his mom!) I was hoping I could find something fun for all of us to do together, that won't seem like so much work. I'm not putting him on a diet or anything, just using my progress to teach about making better food choices, getting more exercise, etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Theresa

Replies

• blackdiva48
    blackdiva48 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think he would likethe HIP HOP ABS or the Dance Revolutions both are good for the mid section. Also Dance Revolution has a DVD and also on the WII and the other games system....
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    What's Option C? Whatever it is I choose that one
  • tress29
    Options
    What's Option C? Whatever it is I choose that one

We ride bikes in our neighborhood, and sometimes he'll walk the dogs with me. I like having some rainy/windy day options. His twin brother is very slim, and plans to take Cross Fit for PE next year. He's our mutant child! No one else in the immediate family has his metabolism or build.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Buy him a weight bench. You have a son, not a daughter. He doesn't want to do Booty Bootcamp with you.

LOL! Ditto that!

Is he in any type of sport?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Buy him a weight bench. You have a son, not a daughter. He doesn't want to do Booty Bootcamp with you.

Even if she had a daughter, I'd still recommend the weight bench.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean.... I have 2 boys who are 7 and almost 10....the youngest is thin and my older son really likes his food and could shed a few pounds.....so finding some family fun workouts is a great idea....riding bikes is great (I do this one too) but DVDs could help on the rainy days - probably anything kick boxing type....any cardio you both enjoy is a WINNER. Weight training is always a good choice. Other ideas could be swimming - whether lessons or lane swimming or public swimming.
    Good Luck!
  • tress29
    Options
    Yeah, he doesn't want anything to do with weights, working out, PE class, or any sport. He'll ride bikes and he's in marching band. At his dad's house, they have a trampoline, but it's mostly a big round hammock! He does like going to the pool, but it's to do crazy dives and hang out with friends, no lap swimming or anything serious.

I'm trying to find something that will help encourage a healthy lifestyle, not introduce "work" which he'll balk at!
  • ch3vyington
    ch3vyington Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Insanity same people alot more intense work out