lack of time to exercise today....

Options

Replies

• tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Actually, short bursts of intense exercise may be a better program than non-stop. If it allows you to go harder it's a good thing. Lots of studies showing the benefits of walking or stair climbing a few minutes many times in a day.
    However, it sounds like you're trying to do too much. Like somebody else said, start slow and finish strong.
  • algwynt
    algwynt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    is it possible for you to cycle to work that way you exersise is done as part of your working routine and its as good a workout as your likely to find.
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    11:18 of 27:42....I will take a break, turn on the AC, and I'll probably be able to do the full 2nd circuit at a time, from what I remember it's not as hard.

WHY has it taken you 25 minutes to do six minutes of the routine? Do you really spend all day every day doing this?

I call troll.
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Tabatas, the answer to all "I don't have time" excuses. 4 minutes of absolute effort that's the equivalent of 90 minutes of cardio. If you 'don't have' 4 minutes to do this workout, you aren't being truthful to yourself.

The only caveat to this is doing one in the evening, as it really ratchets up the body and makes it very hard to go to sleep soon after.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    G06loLG.gif
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    don't think of the number, just think of getting a good workout.

you have time, you just need to schedule it in

for example here is my schedule

Cardio Days
    Wake up 6:30AM
    Prep lunch and breakfast and pack bag
    Bike to work: 7:00AM - 7:40AM
    Work: 8:00AM to 4:30PM
    Bike home: 4:35PM to 5:15PM
    Make dinner: 5:30PM
    Eat
    Do Homework: 6:00PM to 8PM
    do 30ds: 8:30PM
    do yoga: 9:00PM
    sleep

on Weight days
    Wake up 6:30AM
    Prep lunch and breakfast and pack bag
    Bike to work: 7:00AM - 7:40AM
    Work: 8:00AM to 4:30PM
    Bike to gym: 4:35PM to 5:00PM
    Workout: 5:00PM to 6:30PM
    Bike home
    Make dinner
    Eat
    Do Homework: 6:00PM to 8PM
    sleep
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Wow cwolfman, I admire you, great job getting to that point!!!!!

17:17 of 27:42

Had to stop because I'm sweating like crazy.

You stop exercising because you're sweating????? WTF???
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I call troll on this one really...profile...0lbs to lose, 0 to go...and the other posts

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1278134-why-does-my-stomach-look-bloated-suddenly
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1278225-having-a-really-bad-day
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1277864-question-for-those-who-have-done-are-doing-insanity
    Hehe thanks, I'll try. I'm so weak ugh. I got kicked out of 2 weights classes before and I was lifting the lightest ones - 2 pounds in each hand - I kept falling down while holding them lol.
    Talking about having coffee and 2 waffers and her waist disappearing...okay sure...*rolls eyes*
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

I call troll on this one really...profile...0lbs to lose, 0 to go...and the other posts

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1278134-why-does-my-stomach-look-bloated-suddenly
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1278225-having-a-really-bad-day
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1277864-question-for-those-who-have-done-are-doing-insanity
    Hehe thanks, I'll try. I'm so weak ugh. I got kicked out of 2 weights classes before and I was lifting the lightest ones - 2 pounds in each hand - I kept falling down while holding them lol.
    Talking about having coffee and 2 waffers and her waist disappearing...okay sure...*rolls eyes*

Oh FFS. I'm with you.

giphy.gif
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure this is a re-emergence of a recent deactivator...times 2 at least...could be wrong but klaxons are blaring...waiting to see if Puritanical opinion pieces follow...
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    tumblr_momirsMqF91qzjlrro1_500.gif
  • ccm1912
    ccm1912 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    way I see it, you either make the time or you pick an exercise that better fits in the time you are allotted. Clearly you are doing too much for yourself, so slow down and find sometime a bit easier that won't require breaks that suck up your time. Or get up early to fit it in...or stay up later. do what you have to if you really want this.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    SecretOrigin54.png
  • ccm1912
    ccm1912 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    SecretOrigin54.png

just perfect.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Anyone remember that CatFriend chick who was trolling and then disappearred a couple of days ago... well this person seems REALLY similar and only started thair account and posting at almost the exact time she disappered...

curious and curiouser...
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    tumblr_m39785X3Hf1r6xi47.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    Anyone remember that CatFriend chick who was trolling and then disappearred a couple of days ago... well this person seems REALLY similar and only started thair account and posting at almost the exact time she disappered...

curious and curiouser...

I thought we found her already a couple days ago...I think she's more against anyone working out if they are married then no time to exercise.
  • SarahNicoleW94
    Options
    Thanks...I will do that after completing Insanity and 30 DS. 4:42 of 27:42...3 hours before bedtime. Ahhhh!

to be quite frank there is no point in doing either of those workouts in 3-4min intervals..I mean really????

Just suck it up and do it, slower if you have to...I've done 30DS and you do 3mins of cardio, 2mins body weight 1min of abs x3...

doesn't matter if you keep up or not just do the 28mins consecutively....wow.

so sick of seeing your negative comments. stop putting people down.. you don't know it all and different things work for different people.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options

curious and curiouser...

I thought we found her already a couple days ago...I think she's more against anyone working out if they are married then no time to exercise.

She's posted in other threads that are a similar story to what CatFriend was saying. Rejected by a friend she was interested in because she is fat and not wanting ot be in a relationship. I don't know... either way. This person seems to be a troll... or just needs to learn better time management for working out...
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    ugh 9 minutes left and I still have 16:48 of Insanity...sucks that I'll have so much exercise hanging over me when I get home from work, I'm terrified to miss 1 day of exercise

Missing one day won't kill you. THINKING that one day will ruin everything however, may be a very detrimental ideal to follow and I'd suggest reevaluating your relationship with fitness if you get this distressed over missing one workout.
    Ding ding ding!