Looking for friends to help accountability

Options
I have always been the shy quiet person and because of this I don't have many friends to tell my goals to help keep me accountable. If anyone would like to be friends so we can help each other, add me! :) I have more than 40 lbs to lose. I have a full time and a part time job and I go to school full time so finding time to exercise and prep food is difficult. But I am finding the time and I am down 2 lbs this week! Woot! :happy:

Replies

• elizabethmetge
    Options
    Please add me: elizabethmetge. I have a 30lbs goal total and I am half way there. I set small goals for myself such as currently I want to lose 5pounds before we go to the beach Juni 11th. I have found that small goals are the key.
  • flutterby1201
    Options
    Awesome! I have trouble with small goals. I've noticed I've always been one of those "I need to get it done now!" type of people. But in setting goals like wanting to lose at least 1 lb a week I'm doing better.
  • cmt_23
    cmt_23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, add me cmt_23
  • crystalstinson7
    crystalstinson7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you!! I'm in need of motivational friends. I only have one one here and that's only because she's been my best friend for 20 years. I don't know anyone and I hate to just say add me only to have people add me just for the heck of it. I initially put a goal of about 40lbs to lose, but once I hit that I'll probably lose a little more. I would love to be friends with someone that would actually "like" my activity and hold me accountable. I would like "friends" who comment too. Sometimes a friendly word can do wonders! Please, feel free to add me.
  • seroberts77
    Options
    feel free to add me I am down 10 lbs but still have a very long way to go I could use some people who are in the same boat its will help motivate me
  • mstoya02
    mstoya02 Posts: 24
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I need accountability also, I been trying for years to lose weight and I end up getting side tracked when things get busy
  • _celesse
    _celesse Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You can add me :) I try to be helpful/sociable, but I'm also quiet lol.
  • killakalj
    killakalj Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm looking for somebody to keep me accountable and motivated too!!!! My buddy count is at zero right now!! Lol
  • Jaymestar
    Jaymestar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss! That's awesome! I'm no where as busy as you are... but I am a full-time college student and I've got other things in my life that keep me fairly busy. Sandwiches help a lot, making them at the beginning of the week and snatching them up if I am in a rush going out the door! Feel free to add me, and I hope we can both help each other on our journeys :)
  • beccataz23
    beccataz23 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    WOW! I would love to lose 2 pounds in a week! You go girl! I would like more friends too so I could be held more accountable :)
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Hey all.... Always happy to make new friends..Always happy to carry on a conversation, offer advice, take advice, etc etc...Feel free to add me
  • Olivia174nicole
    Olivia174nicole Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm going to send all of y'all friend requests! I need more motivators!
  • Olivia174nicole
    Olivia174nicole Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have trouble with small goals. I've noticed I've always been one of those "I need to get it done now!" type of people. But in setting goals like wanting to lose at least 1 lb a week I'm doing better.

I think smaller goals are easier for me. I also am one of those people that needs to get it done now, and its hard to be patient but when you set smaller goals it seems you see results faster! If that makes sense...lol Like for me I started at 193, now I am at 174. My goal is 160...once I get there I will set a new goal like 140! :D
  • PartTimeSarah
    PartTimeSarah Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Everyone, feel free to add me (so long as you're awesome!)!
  • danyellegbaker
    danyellegbaker Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me! New friends always welcomed:)
  • Dustpebble
    Dustpebble Posts: 2
    Options
    Same situation as you, apart from I'll be starting uni this September. We can do it! ;)
  • shawmutt
    shawmutt Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • clgrimes5
    clgrimes5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me too. I also really need help with accountability. I find that I do so well all week long, and then when the weekend hits, I just don't pay attention and do whatever. I need to be more focused on the weekends, is anyone else like this? Any suggestions....
  • koffeegirl79
    koffeegirl79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I joined mfp a little over a week ago. I am planning on losing the weight slowly, but I log everyday and have an open diary.
  • kuntry_navySD
    kuntry_navySD Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    anyone is welcome to add me :)