lack of time to exercise today....

Options

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Thanks...I will do that after completing Insanity and 30 DS. 4:42 of 27:42...3 hours before bedtime. Ahhhh!

to be quite frank there is no point in doing either of those workouts in 3-4min intervals..I mean really????

Just suck it up and do it, slower if you have to...I've done 30DS and you do 3mins of cardio, 2mins body weight 1min of abs x3...

doesn't matter if you keep up or not just do the 28mins consecutively....wow.

so sick of seeing your negative comments. stop putting people down.. you don't know it all and different things work for different people.

She wasn't negative, she was honest. Negative would be something along the lines of 'just give up now you obviously can't do it'. You know, something that is actually negative.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Thanks...I will do that after completing Insanity and 30 DS. 4:42 of 27:42...3 hours before bedtime. Ahhhh!

to be quite frank there is no point in doing either of those workouts in 3-4min intervals..I mean really????

Just suck it up and do it, slower if you have to...I've done 30DS and you do 3mins of cardio, 2mins body weight 1min of abs x3...

so sick of seeing your negative comments. stop putting people down.. you don't know it all and different things work for different people.

Except that she's right. It's not anything negative. It's realistic. You need to learn to tell the difference between the two.
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options

boy-that-escalated-quickly-anchorman.gif
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options

She wasn't negative, she was honest. Negative would be something along the lines of 'just give up now you obviously can't do it'. You know, something that is actually negative.
    STAHP with the logic. You know good and well she was being a bully.

Not srs.
  • 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who finds this thread amusing?
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You seem to fall a lot. Perhaps you should get your inner ear checked by a doctor?
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    PS when I was doing the planks arm and leg raises with weights I literally fell down twice during the first "cycle" so yes I'd rather pause it and wait until I can complete them without falling as much.

I'm fairly certain that these tapes encourage you to do what you can physically do and not over push yourself. Getting through the whole tape without long pauses is more important than being able to do as much and do it as hard as the people in the video. Your cheating yourself by taking these long breaks and would benefit more from modifying these movements in a way that will better allow you to get through the whole tape. Otherwise you aren't keep ing your heart rate up long enough to really do yourself any good.

Also, I suggest researching. Research is your friend, if you are here then you also have search engines available which will lead you to a plethora of information. If you feel overwhelmed by all the contrasting information then try asking the people of MFP who have found success what worked for them and what didn't.
  • SarahNicoleW94
    Options
    Well I've seen a couple of people say that they don't like to post due to negative, unnecessary comments like hers. If that isn't bullying then I don't know what is. 'Keyboard warriors' comes to mind.
  • xenoa
    xenoa Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well I've seen a couple of people say that they don't like to post due to negative, unnecessary comments like hers. If that isn't bullying then I don't know what is. 'Keyboard warriors' comes to mind.

I've been around for some time and I've seen nothing but a sensible, good advice from her, or most people for that matter. Problem on this forum is that often posts are ignored or labeled as bullying unless it's a pat on the head followed by words of "you're special so keep doing whatever you do even if it's completely wrong". And I do agree with Stef here, what good can come out of doing workouts 2 to 3 minutes every 20 minutes? And why even force yourself to do both Insanity and 30DS if you're struggling? Just devote your time to one workout, do it on your terms, but do it in one go, day by day you will improve.
    But then again, I might just be bullying you by typing this.
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Quit complaining and workout. You can find time if you prioritize it.
  • SarahNicoleW94
    Options

I've been around for some time and I've seen nothing but a sensible, good advice from her, or most people for that matter. Problem on this forum is that often posts are ignored or labeled as bullying unless it's a pat on the head followed by words of "you're special so keep doing whatever you do even if it's completely wrong". And I do agree with Stef here, what good can come out of doing workouts 2 to 3 minutes every 20 minutes? And why even force yourself to do both Insanity and 30DS if you're struggling? Just devote your time to one workout, do it on your terms, but do it in one go, day by day you will improve.

There's a certain way of saying/putting things. her people skills seem none existent.
    everyone's brought up differently I guess..
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options

There's a certain way of saying/putting things. her people skills seem none existent.
    everyone's brought up differently I guess..

She could have worded it different or it could have been perceived differently. She was giving truth and actually good advice, even if it was worded in a way that wasn't the kindest or softest. Sometimes being gently and kind in the way hinders people. Sometimes the hard and cruel truth is necessary. It's not bullying, just brutal honesty. If she listens then it will benefit her, if she chooses to be hurt about it and continue in this manner, which will prove unsuccessful for OP, then it will only hinder herself.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

You're right. You don't know what bullying is.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    time in your day - time spent hanging out in online forums complaining about not having enough time to work out = some more time to work out

^This. I don't have time...except the 6 hours total I have before and after work....so I'll just go make a thread to explain how I don't have time or it's too hard.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Why are you doing those workouts at the same time? I'm not judging or criticizing... I'm just curious. If one or both of those are too tough for you, start out with something lighter and work your way up. If I had started with Insanity, there's no way I would have lasted a week. Make a schedule and stick to it, but make sure that it's something you can reasonably handle.

I didn't finish Insanity because I realize now that I was approaching my workout more in terms of time spent exercising as opposed to the quality of my workout. I tried to do other stuff along with Insanity and ended up injured and burned out. I'm taking a break from Insanity and doing a different program, and it's going much better. You don't have to tackle all of your exercise goals at one time. Figure out what you can handle, and give that 100%.