sodium

Options
How can I stop eating to much sodium?

Replies

• MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    without seeing what you eat I can't tell what you might be able to change. I know for me I was eating out a lot and cutting that back helped a lot. And basically look at the ingredients in what you eat and drink.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    by knowing which foods contain it ..from my experience lunch meats cheese (ramen noodles) and some other noodles are high in sodium also the canned foods have it packed in it too so always read them Nutrition facts .. theres alot of foods that have ridiculous sodium that i know of starting with ramen noodle :0
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Cutting out all processed foods and not adding salt to your meals would be a good start.

I go over in sodium multiple times per week (3-5 days), anywhere from 100-500 over the recommended 2300 and more than that on weekends. I haven't noticed any water retention and I'm still losing consistently no matter what my sodium intake may be. Drinking a lot of water helps to counterbalance it, but unless you're experiencing a lot of water retention or have a health problem that calls for a low-sodium diet, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    when i take too much sodium i dont get water retention either but what does to me is give me headaches
  • Malachai76
    Malachai76 Posts: 128
    Options
    Are you tracking sodium in your food diary? if not add it, it will soon show the foods your eating that contain high sodium and stop/cutback on them
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    watch out for salad dressings, anything that can sit on a shelf for a x amount of time, bagged or canned or jarred. Also cheese and lunch meats have preservatives and salt for curing and flavoring...watchout....anything processed...and seafood
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    watch out for salad dressings, anything that can sit on a shelf for a x amount of time, bagged or canned or jarred. Also cheese and lunch meats have preservatives and salt for curing and flavoring...watchout....anything processed...and seafood
    yes all of these and alot more
  • wehave4
    wehave4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My advise would be to make everything yourself, that way you control the sodium in your food and using fresh ingredients as much as possible.