BOOB! Sucks to run with them!

Options
So, I have a rather large chest. I always have since I hit puberty, and now that I have put on weight they just get bigger and bigger.
I actually just got dressed to get ready to workout and I have to wear a TIGHT sports bra (NIKE) a slim fit heat wear Adidas dri fit shirt (tight) and over it I'll wear a loose fitting shirt or something. So I have two questions:

1) Anyone else have the same boob problem as me? If you do (I'm a size 38(G) can you recommend a supportive sports bra?

2) Has anyone lost some or all of their boob fat after losing some weight?

Any information that you can provide would be helpful! :)

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I lost quite a bit of boob. I used tohave to use several tight sports bras to keep them from giving me black eyes when running. NOW I'm able to use ONE decent fitting one and run just fine. I went from a 38DD that was FAR too tight to a 34D, so not as big as you, but slimming down helped me with the boobage issues.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38DD and feel your pain. I HIGHLY recommend Shock Absorber sports bra.
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    enell.com
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    1) I'm a 34GG right now, so yes, I have the same problem! Shock Absorber and Panache are my favorite most supportive sports bras.

2) I carry most of my weight in my chest/upper back so it's the last place that I lose fat. Even at my absolute thinnest, I was still a DDD.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    You don't need to run to burn calories (unless you really enjoy it). There are plenty of other options like biking, swimming, lifting etc.
  • celinelavigne
    Options
    I wear a regular under-wire bra with a sports bra on top. It minimizes movement and doesn't give you the uni-boob look like the sports bras usually do.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I've discovered Moving Comfort bras. I really like them. I"m a 38DDD.

Keep looking and trying them on. Running stores, REI and Title IX have a good selection online.

And yes, I lost weight in my chest. And the more I lift weights - the better they look and feel.
  • kansasbelle
    kansasbelle Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    OMG I just was walking the other day and popped the darn sports bra strap. LOL I can't run asthma. But seriously, I was walking darn girls are so heavy they broke it...
  • corrine1973
    corrine1973 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I didn't so much get bigger when I gained weight but I definitely did when I had kids. I was told that they would go down again when I was done breast feeding but they didn't. At my largest I was a 40G. I have lost 56 lbs in the last two years and am at the lowest weight I have been for over 10 years. I have lost a little bit of my chest. I am down to a 38 DD (though I think I need to get remeasured because I think I might be a 36 now). I think it really depends on what your families sizes are and what you were before you gained the extra weight. I was a 36 C in high school so I don't think I will get lower than that.

I am glad to see the recommendations for sports bras. I haven't found one that will work yet but I will look into them. I don't run but I do Zumba and some of the jumping make the girls hurt. lol
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I started running at a DD, and I just wore a regular minimizer bra. I don't seem to jiggle very much when I run unless I'm going balls to the wall running speed intervals. I have lost quite a bit of boob...enough that I have no idea what size I wear now and need to go get fitted. :grumble:
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I have 34DDD tatas and have found at Bali underwire bras give me the best support. The stay separated and the bounce is minimal. I ride horses a lot at a trot and I run a bit. Before these bras I did the double sports bras and expensive ones but none of them worked as well as these department store, reasonably price Balis.
  • Choptimus
    Choptimus Posts: 1
    Options
    Got the same problem!!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    When I started losing weight I thought it would solve my "boob problem" but unfortunately it hasn't yet. I went down from a 46J to a 36J, so I did lose some bulk but my back was losing at a faster rate than my chest so I did not go down in cups. I find doing things that require jumping or running to be extremely uncomfortable. I tried wearing 2-3 bras but that just makes me feel like I'm wearing a corset. Not exactly how you want to feel when you are doing something that requires movement.

My solution was to buy a cross trainer for the cardio part instead of the treadmill I was planning to buy. Working at higher resistances gives me a pretty good sweat without having to deal with my boob problem.
  • theoncomingstorm6464
    theoncomingstorm6464 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'll hold those for you.
  • Deewen
    Deewen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain.... I wear a regular bra and a sports bra to workout.............No matter how much i workout mine never seem to get smaller..... To those who saw a decrease in boob size when they started working out................Please tell me what workouts you did....................
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My breasts are out of CONTROL. For every 1lb I gain, I seem to put half of it towards boob. Currently a 36/38 G or H. I exclusively shop at Bravissimo (which you can buy online anywhere in the world, shipping is just a little more). I bought a sports bra on sale there about four years ago and it still works great! Of course I haven't been exercising much for all 4 years, but I am 20lbs heavier and it still fits. It's VERY tight and doesn't move/ride up. It has upper and lower clasps at the back, so it's not taking all the weight of your boobs on one area. It doesn't eliminate bounce 100%, which I think is impossible without cutting off blood supply, but I can barely tell I have boobs while I'm working out, which is awesome :) it's also machine washable. Cannot recommend Bravissimo enough.
  • kborden36
    kborden36 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a DD, so not as big as you but I like the Glamorise Women's Double-Layer Custom-Control Sport Bra, it's like 2 bras in one without the extra bulk of a second bra. I haven't lost enough weight to know if they'll get smaller but they got bigger when I gained so I'm REALLY REALLY hoping they do!!!
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    It does get better! I'm a 40G and I use panache, but on top of my bra. I mean you gotta do what you gotta do! But definitely can't go without my sports bra. It's really good.

I think my boobs are getting smaller though because the sports bra fits a bit looser than when I bought it, or maybe it's just that I gotta go down to 38G, but one way or another I think your boobs do get smaller (and hope!).
  • suzique33
    suzique33 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    VICTORA SECRET has some amazing sports bras that still give you shape! The have DD! I LOVE THEM!!!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Not anymore, lost a good chunk of my boobs along with the weight. I'm not complaining mind you as I prefer it this way.

Anyways, invest in a good quality sports bra...those things are awesome. I have the Nike brand sports bras.