Random question about yogurt

Options
fireytiger
fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
To those who eat fruit on the bottom varieties, how do you eat it? Like, do you mix the fruit from the bottom into the yogurt or do you just eat the yogurt on the top, then the fruit on the bottom? Or do you just eat the top and not the fruit? I ask because I've always loved FOTB yogurt, and the way I always ate it was just as packaged, from the top down, and the fruit was like an extra treat to look forward to. But I have a few friends who (playfully) tease me about it and say nobody eats it like that and i'm weird, lol. And I know some people who get it like that and don't eat the fruit at all. So? How do you like it?

Replies

• Letshopeforthebest
    Letshopeforthebest Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love yogurt all ways! But out of habit I always mix the fruit in with the yogurt! Delicious
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I always mix it.
  • BossBich
    BossBich Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I mix it, yummy.....
  • Ysmir
    Ysmir Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    To those who eat fruit on the bottom varieties, how do you eat it? Like, do you mix the fruit from the bottom into the yogurt or do you just eat the yogurt on the top, then the fruit on the bottom? Or do you just eat the top and not the fruit? I ask because I've always loved FOTB yogurt, and the way I always ate it was just as packaged, from the top down, and the fruit was like an extra treat to look forward to. But I have a few friends who (playfully) tease me about it and say nobody eats it like that and i'm weird, lol. And I know some people who get it like that and don't eat the fruit at all. So? How do you like it?
    I mix it, of course. Your friends are right, you're totally weird :wink:
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I buy cheap yogurt. It has fruit on the bottom. I'd like to have the fruit already mixed, but that would cost more.

I'm looking for a brand that has fruit on the top, thinking that it would probably sink down into the middle during shipping and handling. If that doesn't work, I'm going to try opening the fruit on the bottom variety from the bottom. In which case it will then be fruit on the top.
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    As a habitual mixer of the fruit, I agree with your friends, you're totally weird.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Mom eats it top down lol. I prefer to mix it because I don't like the yogurt taste on its own.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I buy plain yogurt and add my own fruit or other toppings.

But when I've bought the fruit on the bottom type, I always mixed it. I just assumed the fruit stuff was made extra sweet and would taste weird on its own.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I used to eat it that way, but then I discovered plain vanilla yogurt with chia seeds.

OMG
  • LaSuiza
    LaSuiza Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    We are both weird then, I eat it just like you!
    I would never mix it :)
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I like my yogurt mixed. I really like Yopa with granola or toasted almond toppings. THere's always a 5% chance that the topper will spray out of the container when I open it.

Plain yogurt is something I use for marinades.

1 pint plain yogurt
    1 pack of Shan Chicken Tikka flavor pouch
    1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
    1 tablespoon of ketchup
    and a little bit of chopped ginger
    5 lb's of chicken (preferably thighs and wings.

Marinade for at least 30 minutes.
    skewer them on a ginormous sword like kabob skewer so the heat from the grill goes into the blade and cooks the insides quicker.
    Any leftover marinade can be cooked with chickpeas for a really good side dish.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I mix it, but much prefer blended yogurts.