Replies

• yogachick6
    yogachick6 Posts: 8
    Options
    yes this sounds fun! i think-lol...
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    So...... do we end up killing each other or living under a totalitarian government who oppresses us or what? I'm missing the Hunger Games tie-in.

Ah if only. The participants are in districts that compete against each other as teams. I am good with being a dictator though.

Compete against each other doing what?

How do all of the people responding know that this sounds like fun? How do any of you know anything about it? There are no details.

Lemmings!
  • metanoia0116
    metanoia0116 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh you are a snarky one. lol

Every week there is a goal, for example, complete 200 minutes of cardio and 90 of strength. The participants get points for finishing their goals. The district with the most points wins the week and gets to pick a punishment exercise for the next week, like 5 planks a day. Make more sense now?
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

Every week there is a goal, for example, complete 200 minutes of cardio and 90 of strength. The participants get points for finishing their goals. The district with the most points wins the week and gets to pick a punishment exercise for the next week, like 5 planks a day. Make more sense now?

I could see myself doing that. Count me in.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

........ I guess.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Are the calorie goals self-determined? I tend to eat a fair bit more than most people here probably do (I am happier with a slower loss and more food).

Edit: As long as you all are fine with my aiming for between 1900-2100 calories/day... and the choice of which cardio/strength activities is fairly wide, I am down to play.
  • metanoia0116
    Options
    Are the calorie goals self-determined? I tend to eat a fair bit more than most people here probably do (I am happier with a slower loss and more food).

Yes, it is your calorie goal, not something we come up with.
  • danielwillis22
    Options
    Do we track the calories on this or are we just trusting each other to tell the truth? I am good at the whole counting thing, and my calorie counting when properly done is probably more accurate than using the calorie counter on MFP.

Im terrible for remembering to put down my daily calories on my fitness pal. I prefer to just count in my head.
  • metanoia0116
    Options
    Trust each other. I log on a separate journal for calories. Whatever works for you.
  • rsoice
    rsoice Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to give it a go. I'm 60 days from a beach vacation... I could use some extra motivation.
  • k_l_clark
    k_l_clark Posts: 2
    Options
    I'd like to join please. Need some motivation after regaining a bit of weight. Having not read/seen the HungerGames can you send a bit more info about what the challenge involves?
    Thanks
    Kirsty
  • kuronekoh
    kuronekoh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Count me in! As an (overly) competitive person this sounds perfect.
  • FistToTheFace
    FistToTheFace Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would like to join
  • phantasmagical
    phantasmagical Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Please count me in if there's still room to join!
  • Rowberta
    Rowberta Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Would love to try... i love hunger games! lol.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    is this the same as the previous hunger games challenge? I missed that one and I was raging! count me in!
  • Frigs
    Frigs Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I'm all in. Not a lot of weight to loose but a lot of room for fitness improvement!!! Thanks for starting this
  • mathbug77
    mathbug77 Posts: 10
    Options
    Count me in too! :)
  • SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    is this the same as the previous hunger games challenge? I missed that one and I was raging! count me in!

Im going to say it is different. i am unfamiliar with the other hunger game challenges and this is our first one

oh... hi.. im the other co-host. :D
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I love challenges!