Other than coffee, redbull, monster or rockstar....

Options
What other drink or food item can help to wake you up?

I've never had any of the above mentioned energy drinks and have no urge to try them. That includes that 5 hour energy thing. I've recently cut out coffee and am feeling it now because I want a cup SO bad.

There's got to be something else that I can eat or drink that can help to wake me up. Right?

Replies

• Rivenin
    Rivenin Posts: 5
    Options
    Tea would be a good option!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Why did you cut out coffee? o.O I have two kids that I wrangle all day and then do my training at night and work a few days a week. There's no way I'd survive without a little coffee. I can understand not red bull, monster and stuff, that's a mass amount of caffeine and stimulants but coffees ♡. Tea is good too, but not as much caffiene
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Tea would be a good option!

This. I like green tea first thing in the morning, then whichever type I happen to reach for out of the cupboard first for the rest of the day.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I take all of the above, sometimes in the same day.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Why cut out the coffee? I drink about 2 pots of coffee daily, and enjoy every drop!
  • GoPhil04
    GoPhil04 Posts: 93
    Options
    Why did you cut out coffee? o.O I have two kids that I wrangle all day and then do my training at night and work a few days a week. There's no way I'd survive without a little coffee. I can understand not red bull, monster and stuff, that's a mass amount of caffeine and stimulants but coffees ♡. Tea is good too, but not as much caffiene

Agree. People tend to make decisions for no reason other than to make it seem like their changing. Do you have particularly high cortisol release or something and thats why your trying to eliminate coffee?

If your doing it for calorie issues, stop drinking it with creame and sugar and you should be fine, otherwise there is no need to cut it out...
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

Agree. People tend to make decisions for no reason other than to make it seem like their changing. Do you have particularly high cortisol release or something and thats why your trying to eliminate coffee?

If your doing it for calorie issues, stop drinking it with creame and sugar and you should be fine, otherwise there is no need to cut it out...

Both of these.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    You could try taking a dose of B12 in the morning.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    A friend introduced me to a "Sparkling Energy Water". It has no sugar, only a few organic ingredients(vitamins) and organic caffeine. So it gives a boost and you dont feel tired afterwards. The taste is def unsugary..lol so if you are used to all the sugar even in the "sugar free" rockstar-it may take you a moment to get used too. My favorite is peach. They sell them at Fresh & Easy...dont know if you have that store available,but Im sure you can find them at health stores too...I think amazon has them too..

2pyozz8.jpg
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    You lost me at other than coffee... But if you want a boost Mate tea (pronounced (ma tay) has about the same caffeine as a cup of coffee.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of green tea every morning. I suppose I could have a different type in the afternoon as a pick me up.

Coffee is just not working for me right now. I remember dealing with palpations some time ago and my physician telling me to perhaps not have so much coffee. Which I don't really, however I do like it strong and was used to having two cups a day. I took a month off and stopped having the palpitations however, I missed my coffee so went back to it.

Now, I just think I'm better off without it.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Get more sleep,if you need waking up I'd guess its ur body saying it hasn't had enough sleep in the first place

I can agree with this BUT some of us don't have the luxury of getting full night's rest all the time ;)
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You can try decaf coffee. It still has caffeine, but much less than regular coffee. A 16-oz. drip coffee has about 100-120mg of caffeine, whereas a decaf 16-oz. has about 10-12mg of caffeine.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    Options
    Get more sleep,if you need waking up I'd guess its ur body saying it hasn't had enough sleep in the first place

I could definitely use more sleep.:yawn:
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I take all of the above, sometimes in the same day.
    I'll one up you and have all them in one sitting.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    Options
    You can try decaf coffee. It still has caffeine, but much less than regular coffee. A 16-oz. drip coffee has about 100-120mg of caffeine, whereas a decaf 16-oz. has about 10-12mg of caffeine.

Hmmm... and I'd still get to have some coffee.:happy:
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I just usually have my coffee black. I wouldn't give it up.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I love 5 Hour Energy shots! I generally only drink half, though. But you said you won't try them so......pointless post.