Working moms who ARENT selling anything!

Options

Replies

• lannlynn
    lannlynn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Me! Me! I don't sell anything. I also am in the "lose" it again stage. I need new friends!:smile:
  • OnTheGround
    OnTheGround Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm a 36-year-old mom of 2 boys and work part time. I like beachbody programs but beachbody coaches around here are a pain (spam doesn't make me want to add you as a friend).

EDIT: 4 boys! :noway:

Yes, I agree.

And only 3 boys! My oldest is a girl (she's 15). But it's still pretty crazy!
  • OnTheGround
    Options
    I only "sell" Bad-*kitten* hair styles - so unless you live in Virginia, there's little chance I would bug you. I'm a married, working mom of two daughters (14 and 11) and I am a very busy hair stylist. Did I mention I'm also finishing my B.S. in Elementary Education? Add that to trying to get healthy. Even typing it makes me tired.
    I'd love to add friends here - motivation is always a plus. I love when friends leave their food diaries unlocked for friends because it helps give me ideas. Mine is always unlocked to friends.
    I am 35, 5'2 and I need to lose about 65 lbs to get in my healthy weight range. Ideally, I think I'd like to be around 128ish - but I haven't been that size since 1998 so I don't even know where my body will be happiest.
    Feel free to add me - but please put something in the message, I don't accept the blank ones cause I don't know if they came from a thread like this or spammers.

I agree. My diary is open. I think accountability is a good thing.
  • cyndyjlo
    cyndyjlo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Anyone who fits this category, please feel free to add me as a friend too. I would definitely like some friends to help keep me accountable and I would love to help motivate others. The last time I tried to lose on mfp I was befriended by some salespeople too. I found it to be unmotivating.
    Thanks!
  • fitness3827
    fitness3827 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there. LOL, loved the initial post.

WAHM here, but not selling anything! Mother to two (11 and 10), step-mom to two (11 and 8) and MOM-TO-BE again in July 2014. Looking for a good group to stay with as I enter last 10 weeks of being preggo, and then entering breastfeeding.

As you can see from age of bio kids, haven't done this in a LONG time, so hoping that accountability here and Fitness Pal will help lose baby weight, and keep me sexy in my 40s!

Loved reading everyone's posts. Hope all the real moms on here see some REAL results.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Single mom, full time job. Never a dull moment. Feel free to add me anyone.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Single-Working (Slave to my job)-Mom of two kids, a soon to be 7-year-old girl and a 4-year-old boy.
    Not a Beach body Coach and not selling anything.
  • aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I got fed up with this one beachbody coach today about spam messages and he was actually offended that I said he may as well have been a bot ... because sending these copy/paste messages and running a group and helping people requires "A LOT" of work (too much work to sound like a real person apparently, unless you're responding to a remove request). Though I was enlighted that the reason he couldn't put in more effort was because of the "very" active group he has on facebook. Oh yeah, I'll get on joining that asap. :sick:

Sorry for the rant, thanks for listening :flowerforyou:
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    What are people trying to sell you on here? Just curious, it hasn't happened to me yet.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request!
  • aliakynes
    Options
    What are people trying to sell you on here? Just curious, it hasn't happened to me yet.

The first message you get is to join their awesome group because they want to help you reach your fitness goals.

Some of it is random, I get a lot of messages because I admit to doing P90X3. Most want to be your coach, after which they recommend a workout program/supplements and/or the privelege of being a beachbody coach yourself so you can make money too in your spare time!
  • OnTheGround
    Options

Mostly BeachBody/Shakeology/other related stuff. I feel like in the past year, that company has just exploded and it seems like EVERYONE is doing it. And, really, I just want to commiserate with other women like me, and not be sold to or have my "friendship" used to make someone money.
  • caliv0608
    caliv0608 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Haha, I almost fell for one of those friend requests too! I'm a full-time Air Force civilian worker and full-time schooling mom to a 3 year old. Lost about 45 lbs a couple of years ago and have gained back 20 so here I am! Feel free to add me, I'm new here and would also love to connect with others not hawking services. :bigsmile:
  • Sandil964
    Sandil964 Posts: 9
    Options
    Busy working mom of three (although eldest just moved out on her own)....just surviving the last decade with the younger two kiddos.

Would love to friend any and all non-saleswomen moms who would like a MFP friend. Pls feel free to add me.
  • LynneW1983
    LynneW1983 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Work part time 2 boys 3 & 4. 30 years old from Scotland. Don't sell anything. Never came across people trying to sell me anything on here, thankfully. Feel free to add people.
  • alyjb1121
    alyjb1121 Posts: 186 Member
    Options

Mostly BeachBody/Shakeology/other related stuff. I feel like in the past year, that company has just exploded and it seems like EVERYONE is doing it. And, really, I just want to commiserate with other women like me, and not be sold to or have my "friendship" used to make someone money.

also, how are these programs sustainable? i will never understand wanting live off of shakes etc? i am on soft food diet due to a frenectomy and braces last week and dental implants next week and it's killing me! i tired a cheeseburger over the weekend and it was torture.
  • aliakynes
    Options
    also, how are these programs sustainable? i will never understand wanting live off of shakes etc? i am on soft food diet due to a frenectomy and braces last week and dental implants next week and it's killing me! i tired a cheeseburger over the weekend and it was torture.

I remember when the recovery formula was their big money maker a few years ago, drinking it was basically part of their workout and had to be mentioned every time they did one. It was a whopping $55 per month when a glass of chocolate milk does the same thing.

Ugh, dental implants, was informed earlier this year that our younger boy has that to look forward to (not enough adult teeth coming in).
  • GelasiaT
    GelasiaT Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Real working mom here. feel free to add me.
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Busy, non-selling working mom here too. Diary's open, I log everyday and I'm very active and nutrition focused. Always open to new like minded friends:flowerforyou:
  • becky4m
    becky4m Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Im not a working mom, but I would love more friends! (Cleaned house not to long ago) I do not sell anything! LOL