100 calorie challenge

Options
ok fellow MFPers here is a challenge for you - so you have gotten to the end of the day and due to that "snack" you now have roughly a hundred calories left for dinner and you are hungry - what do you do?

I will do the easy one - 2/3 of low carb protein shake (79 cals) and a side salad (30 cals) for a total of 109 cals.

Over to you - love to hear how you solve this one .... Because we have all been here before....

Replies

• michele0101
    Options
    Cant wait to hear the responses to this......steamed vegetables is a good idea.
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    Nice.
    I;d have a banana or a piece of fruit.
  • buntyandbillybob
    Options
    2 rice cakes, half tin of tomatoe with herbs, sliced mushroom on top and microwave for 1 min.....very filling and very low in calories
  • missdotty
    Options
    I would have some homemade popcorn!! you could have about 3 cups if you add no oil!! That's a lot of popcorn!!! :-0
  • busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    Options
    weight watchers bread + jam or a crumpet with low fat margerine
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    A quick walk to get some extra calories and a chicken breast (boneless/skinless) with stemed veggies.
  • caprica
    caprica Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yeah that is another way to solve it - 90 mins of gardening will get you a quarter pounder ......
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I'd go get some exercise in so I can eat more. :wink:
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I'd go get some exercise in so I can eat more. :wink:
    Right.
  • matina29
    matina29 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    1 scrambled egg in pan with a spray of Pam and sauteed baby spinach.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Take the dog for a really long walk and "earn" more calories!
  • GremlinJenny
    Options
    ohhh, good topic! thanks for posting. i'll check back often to get some ideas.

and ya'll are funny. exercise more to earn more cals. HAHA....

my newest thing is:
    -1/2 english muffin, toasted
    -1 Tbsp garlic hummus
    -1 tsp yellow mustard
    -1 Tbsp salsa
    -fresh cracked pepper

Total: 111 calories

this fills me up so much that it has actually served as a meal sometimes if i wasn't terribly hungry to start with. but otherwise, a GREAT snack at 111 calories!! :)
  • pinkdrink
    Options
    I would either work out to have more calories or do a fat free ice cream for desert. skinny cow makes individual services that are 150 calories.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i'd go with 3/4 cup egg beaters added to sauteed spinach, some seasoning, and a handful of various chopped veggies.
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    1 cup of kale sauteed with some garlic, a handful of brussels sprouts, 1/2 cup sauerkraut, drizzled with soy sauce and a teeny bit of olive oil. Comes out to almost 100 calories exactly for a nice big plate of food. Yummmmm.
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    You guys are going to think I'm insane, but I love tomatoes. LOVE them. A whole tomato (washed well and eaten like an apple) = 25 calories! :) Woot!
  • kempshepard
    Options
    Egg Beater Omlet. 3/4 cup egg beaters, 1/8 cup Pico De Gallo, and Hot Sauce should come out to 98 Calories and is very filling
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You guys are going to think I'm insane, but I love tomatoes. LOVE them. A whole tomato (washed well and eaten like an apple) = 25 calories! :) Woot!

Oh yummm. With a teeny sprinkle of salt between bites.
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Yeah that is another way to solve it - 90 mins of gardening will get you a quarter pounder ......

hahahaha! Love those quarter pounders, too!