Replies

• Dean_IsStayinLean
    Dean_IsStayinLean Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Weekends are tough enough...
  • gotolam
    gotolam Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Going over your calorie budget is one thing, but actually binging is another. I'm glad you've had success but binging is associated with a number of very serious eating disorders. Hopefully you just got your wording wrong there.

Oh for crying out loud. Does anything not involving weighing your food and eating "sensibly" immediately require a lecture about eating disorders? We're so PC now we can't even use the word "binge" in any colloquial sense? Jeeeeeeez -us.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Going over your calorie budget is one thing, but actually binging is another. I'm glad you've had success but binging is associated with a number of very serious eating disorders. Hopefully you just got your wording wrong there.

Oh for crying out loud. Does anything not involving weighing your food and eating "sensibly" immediately require a lecture about eating disorders? We're so PC now we can't even use the word "binge" in any colloquial sense? Jeeeeeeez -us.
    lots of folks here with a history of eating disorders. Perhaps that's why folks object to throwing the word binge around.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

I was wondering about logging every bite of food...is that sort of eating disorder too? please don't beat me...
    //run away
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

OP is a 18 year old male who says he is 6' and 138 lbs with multiple posts about binging. I think that is where the concern is coming from.
  • Stilllosing26
    Stilllosing26 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

OP is a 18 year old male who says he is 6' and 138 lbs with multiple posts about binging. I think that is where the concern is coming from.

Please stop being snarky. My height, weight, and age is none of your concern, and you don't need to be so snarky with your responses. My personal information is none of your business. I am not looking for trouble. No one is telling you to be involved with this topic. Thank You.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Please stop being snarky. My height, weight, and age is none of your concern, and you don't need to be so snarky with your responses. My personal information is none of your business. I am not looking for trouble. No one is telling you to be involved with this topic. Thank You.
    NOTHING snarky about that post.
  • swilkinson0705
    swilkinson0705 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    After reading this string I wonder if I will ever post anything. People are so mean to each other on here. Can a person not post their opinion or what is working for them without everyone jumping down their throats. Geez.
  • Stilllosing26
    Options
    After reading this string I wonder if I will ever post anything. People are so mean to each other on here. Can a person not post their opinion or what is working for them without everyone jumping down their throats. Geez.

Seriously. It is very difficult to be proud of an accomplishment when there are so many people who love to argue. Why are you here if you disagree? You don't have to agree with something.... But it is not nice to be so rude to people who are just trying to make suggestions.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    one of the worst ideas I have seen on an MFP thread in a while..yea, lets encourage people to binge eat, which is a border line eating disorder…

OP you are brilliant….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    This inspired me to get right back on track, and within the next 2 weeks, I lost close to 5 pounds, and haven't eaten a brownie in close to 10 months. Not only did the brownie overeating give my metabolism a jump start, it also gave me an idea.
    actually this is the worst idea ever..not one brownie in ten months….???????
  • CrystalQ222
    CrystalQ222 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I actually somewhat agree. I eat completely healthy and lose little. But when I eat junk one day a week I lose a lot more weight. It's crazy but it works
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    ^^^ LOL at Lyle McDonald being a bro scientist. About as far away from bro scientist as I can think of.

You should probably eat brownies more often.
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options

lots of folks here with a history of eating disorders. Perhaps that's why folks object to throwing the word binge around.

^ this.

I thought I was very polite in expressing my distaste for the word "binge" (pardon the pun). And, if I recall, I was right. The OP pointed out they simply meant a cheat day, not an actual binge. So, I'm not sure I'm seeing what the issue is.
  • Stilllosing26
    Options
    one of the worst ideas I have seen on an MFP thread in a while..yea, lets encourage people to binge eat, which is a border line eating disorder…

OP you are brilliant….

I don't binge eat. I don't have an eating disorder. You need to go back and read through some of the previous posts. I'm not dealing with these rude, and unintelligent responses.
  • kelCshea
    kelCshea Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    There's actually some scientific data to back up why "cheat meals" or "refeed meals" are beneficial to fat-loss....it's all about planning, and knowing what *type* of "cheat" is the best for you goals...

http://averagefitnessfreak.com/refeed-to-lose-body-fat/

This is the start of what I was getting at. It is not required for the majority of people. Very lean people are the exception.

Also, from memory it only boosts leptin for a short period of time.

All about leptin here. http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-hormones-of-bodyweight-regulation-leptin-part-1.html

I'm def not an expert, but from what I understand it can also be beneficial to those eating at defect for long periods of time? From what I've researched, you go with a high carb/low protein and low fat re-feed.

So, to the OP's question, maybe not necessarily a regular cheat meal or day just for the sake of sanity...but just a way to boost levels back in order to help the continuation of fat loss....? Correct me if I'm wrong :)
  • ndj1979
    Options

OP you are brilliant….

I don't binge eat. I don't have an eating disorder. You need to go back and read through some of the previous posts. I'm not dealing with these rude, and unintelligent responses.

then edit the title of your thread to "cheat days" or something….forum rules prevent encouraging unsafe eating habits or eating disorders, which "binge eating" would fall under…

again, more brilliance….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    There's actually some scientific data to back up why "cheat meals" or "refeed meals" are beneficial to fat-loss....it's all about planning, and knowing what *type* of "cheat" is the best for you goals...

http://averagefitnessfreak.com/refeed-to-lose-body-fat/

This is the start of what I was getting at. It is not required for the majority of people. Very lean people are the exception.

Also, from memory it only boosts leptin for a short period of time.

All about leptin here. http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-hormones-of-bodyweight-regulation-leptin-part-1.html

I'm def not an expert, but from what I understand it can also be beneficial to those eating at defect for long periods of time? From what I've researched, you go with a high carb/low protein and low fat re-feed.

So, to the OP's question, maybe not necessarily a regular cheat meal or day just for the sake of sanity...but just a way to boost levels back in order to help the continuation of fat loss....? Correct me if I'm wrong :)

most say that you should do a carb re-feed and increase your carbs to say 50-60% and then fill in rest with protein and fat, but that you should eat up to maintenance and not have a "binge eating blow out" as OP seems to think ….
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

OP you are brilliant….

perhaps you'd be best refraining from starting threads like this and THIS : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1279368-your-worst-binge-food
This discussion has been closed.