I Am Mean

Options

Replies

• msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Excellent work- parenting and grand-parenting isn't about making kids happy all the time; it's about making sure they grow up to be good people.

Once more, excellent meanness Grandpa (I'm also a mean Auntie for similar reasons):drinker:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My grandpa always had ice cream in his freezer.

Unfortunately, it was always neapolitan.

tumblr_m2l61mzfhk1rstqqto1_500.jpg

:laugh:

Yup.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I was watching a few of my grandkids this weekend. They wanted to eat leftover Easter candy for lunch, but I insisted that a balanced meal would be more appropriate. So they called me mean.

Later on, I made them go outside and play instead of sitting around watching yubetube all day because exercise is good for you. More complaints of meanness.

At dinnertime I made them eat all their vegetables. You should have heard the howling. I am the meanest grandpa in the world.

Now after they ate all the vegetables, I let them have some ice cream. Because sometimes I'm an old softie.

But then it was bedtime, and back to being the Earl of Mean. "We aren't tired!!" they complained. Well tough cookies, because sleep is important, especially for kids. So I read 'em a story and tucked them in.

I am a meanie. And darn proud of it.

wow, you are a meanie lol ;) more grandparents should be like you :flowerforyou:
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    A truly mean grandpa would've made them take a bath before bed!
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I suddenly recall a similar conversation that my grandpa told my mom one day when she came to pick me, it sounded very much the same.

Funny how my grandpa was my favorite person in the whole world, except when he was mean.
  • Ademar111
    Ademar111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Lol I am mean as well then! My kids are only allowed 30 minutes a day of "electronic device" time. Also, I do not allow any electronics or tv when we are eating. I want them to have memories that are going to last a lifetime and great experiences.... not worrying about beating level 600 in candy crush or mindcraft.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    You old people and your old way of doing things.

My kids "hate" me. I'm the worst mother in the world because i made them clean their bedroom. I videotaped the tantrum.

I've documented tantrums before with pics and video. :devil:
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    you are awesome. i love that you are so "mean".
  • Kayzia_M
    Kayzia_M Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i love this
    i thought my grandma was the meanest person on earth because she would make me take a bath EVERY NIGHT, but now i smile when i remember all the arguments we used to have about this. miss her so much :smile: :cry: :cry:
  • lghorton
    lghorton Posts: 7
    Options
    My grandsons call me "Mean Memaw." I don't care, they get good care and nutrition when I'm with them (except for the occasional trip to the chocolate fountain at Golden Coral.) Everything in moderation.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Cheers to you "mean" grandpa and keep it up, they will be grateful some day!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    just break up.....\m/
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I was watching a few of my grandkids this weekend. They wanted to eat leftover Easter candy for lunch, but I insisted that a balanced meal would be more appropriate. So they called me mean.

Later on, I made them go outside and play instead of sitting around watching yubetube all day because exercise is good for you. More complaints of meanness.

At dinnertime I made them eat all their vegetables. You should have heard the howling. I am the meanest grandpa in the world.

Now after they ate all the vegetables, I let them have some ice cream. Because sometimes I'm an old softie.

But then it was bedtime, and back to being the Earl of Mean. "We aren't tired!!" they complained. Well tough cookies, because sleep is important, especially for kids. So I read 'em a story and tucked them in.

applause-3.gif
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    What a meanie!!!:angry: Those poor kids!!

J/K, you sound like my grandpa and I turned out pretty good.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    When my kiddo was 2 or 3, he called me from his grandmother's house ... gave me a bright, cheerful greeting ... then started sobbing theatrically that he missed me so much and wanted to come home right now. Yup, she made him eat all his vegetables too. :laugh:
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

I am pretty sure I am your biggest fan!
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    I call balderdash.

I think not only are you not mean, you're not even a real Grandpa.

Yeah, you're probably like a 16 year old babysitter!

Bologna!
  • BonecrusherBrews
    BonecrusherBrews Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Way to be mean!

I'll never forget sending my kids up to bed after giving them "one more chance"... I said, "No more chances. Time for bed."

My son was sobbing while putting on his jammies, saying, "It works on mom."

I'm mean too! :)
  • JazzAllen
    JazzAllen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Gosh, if THAT's mean, I'm wretched!! My kids drink mostly water and get fruit for "dessert"!! I even make them clean up their rooms and use awful, outdated words like "yes ma'am" and "please" and "thank you." Even worse, while I'm confessing ... I limit their digital time. Yes, I said it - we turn off technology and spend time together talking, walking, enjoying our yard. Is there an intervention for terrible meanies like me??