Replies

• SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    779289.gif
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    My grandpa always had ice cream in his freezer.

Unfortunately, it was always neapolitan.

tumblr_m2l61mzfhk1rstqqto1_500.jpg

this is my grandpa after I got into his Neapolitan ice cream

lDvB9YZ.png
    My grandma only offered banana splits, because she thought we needed the fruit to cancel out the ice cream.
  • Sad_Grandpa
    Sad_Grandpa Posts: 129
    Options
    I call balderdash.

I think not only are you not mean, you're not even a real Grandpa.

Yeah, you're probably like a 16 year old babysitter!

Bologna!

I miss my sixteen year old knees. Appreciate them while you've got them.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    This is a good way to make sure that your kids aren't living in your basement at 40
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :drinker: wish I had been so mean! Hope to be the meanest Gma in the world!! (once one of those brats of mine give me a grandbaby:sad: )

:angry:
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    This is a *mean people are not mean at all you are just overly sensitive person asking for advice on a forum and then not wanting to take blunt advice which is probably mean but I don't like to think that" thread.

In disguise.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I wish my mom and dad were mean to my kids. It's a nightmare for 3 days after they come home from a night at Grandma and Grandpa's.
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Grandpa of the year award for you. :drinker:
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm the wicked stepmother - I recently got my first "I hate you" from my 12-year-old step-daughter for not letting her get a mahoooooosive milkshake before dinner. So proud!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Applause.gif
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    You old people and your old way of doing things.

My kids "hate" me. I'm the worst mother in the world because i made them clean their bedroom. I videotaped the tantrum.

I Like you
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Mean people rock! :angry:
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    How old are these kids?? My mother would beat the crap out of me for calling my grandparents mean!!

My mom's parents were also allowed to spank us. I never got spanked but my brother and I still talk about the time our Mimi spanked him.

He was also spanked by our Aunt once. He was always surprised when they did that.

My mom hasn't ever spanked my son (he's 14 now) and he loves her... has even talked about going to FL for college and living with her.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    you're normal. congrats. begin slow clap.
  • BrownEyedSister
    BrownEyedSister Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You're my kinda of grandpa!

My g'pa was my favorite. He was tough as nails on the outside but kinda squishy inside.

One of his signature moves was to carry miniature snickers in his pocket for us. :love:
  • dkapplejacks1
    dkapplejacks1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I was watching a few of my grandkids this weekend. They wanted to eat leftover Easter candy for lunch, but I insisted that a balanced meal would be more appropriate. So they called me mean.

Later on, I made them go outside and play instead of sitting around watching yubetube all day because exercise is good for you. More complaints of meanness.

At dinnertime I made them eat all their vegetables. You should have heard the howling. I am the meanest grandpa in the world.

Now after they ate all the vegetables, I let them have some ice cream. Because sometimes I'm an old softie.

But then it was bedtime, and back to being the Earl of Mean. "We aren't tired!!" they complained. Well tough cookies, because sleep is important, especially for kids. So I read 'em a story and tucked them in.

I am a meanie. And darn proud of it.

Love it
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Mommy No Fun approves.

Good work, Sad Grandpa. :heart:
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If my kids were younger, I would send them right over! Good job.
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I believe that if your kids don't tell you they hate you at least once in their life then you didn't do your job as a parent. I think the same rule can be applied to Grandparents :happy: