Any Vegan folks here??

Options
I am actually a Raw/Vegan but with an adjustment to my thoughts and actions. I kinda fell off of my path starting around Oct 2010 as the weather changed. What you say,yes that is right ,I fell backwards a bit and will be jumping back. So any Vegans and possibly raw eating folks out here ,let me know.~Hugs Dianne

Replies

• Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    Me! Working on becoming more raw and was doing well until T.G. Just started logging again today to reboot my palate and bad habits.
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Hi! I'm a vegan. Used to work at a raw food/vegan restaurant, as well. My favourite dish was a raw sushi we made (pecan pate, crunchy dehydrated carrots and sweet potatoes, cilantro, and raw nori... yum).
  • bohemianme
    Options
    I'm a vegan too! Occasionally I slip when it comes to cookies and other sweet stuff but I'm back on track now. Good to see some vegans -- I feel like I'm in a world of paleo dieters.
  • KenzienST2
    KenzienST2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hooray for vegans! I'm working hard on being vegan 100% of the time, however have found when I travel or dine at someone else's house it can be difficult. Have been vegetarian for 10 years though! I too slip when it comes to the baked goods, however I am proud of the vegan Christmas cookies I recently made! Probably aren't too MFP friendly for calorie counting though haha. Am celebrating Christmas late with family today, and have decided that until the left overs are gone, my calorie counting is not going to go so well. Will get back on track next week I hope!
  • ilovetosweat
    ilovetosweat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just bought my first raw cookbook, so would love to hear of EASY recipes to try. I don't currently have a kitchen, so EASY is the key.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Lacto/ovo veg here....but was a vegan for 5 years and headed back down that route soon.
  • PlantSNStarch_Dianne
    Options
    You mean you bought your first un cookbook. Just being funny :-)....... I take one day at a time-dianne
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am, but not raw. Though the cookies from our neighbors won me over a couple of times.;) I've only recently become vegan (just after Thanksgiving) due to health concerns, but I am really loving it.
  • mandster
    mandster Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm vegetarian but not vegan. I did try to go vegan a while back but struggled with the lack of cheese mainly. And I found it difficult to eat out - I suppose that depends where you live though. I did eat a mainly raw diet too for a while and was the healthiest I've ever been (and very skinny though that wasn't the aim at the time!) I've really let things slip with the raw stuff but working on it as I'd like to get really healthy again.

I loved the Ultrahealth and Raw Energy books by Leslie Kenton!
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    Hi!! Vegetarian here, but eat very little egg/dairy. I only eat very clean if I do, and I am really aiming for Veganism for the new year. Two of my three kids are also veg (on is a pesco). My mom just bought a Vitamix, which I want to steal from her house:laugh: . It is awesome and makes soups, hummus, ice cream....in a flash. I think going raw would be quite easy if you owned one of those :wink: Anyway, nice to meet you. Love that we have quite a few veg/vegans on the site :drinker:
  • PlantSNStarch_Dianne
    Options
    Oh my gosh yes I have had my Vitamix for over 20 years .The funny thing is I wasn't into juicing or smoothie making back when I bought mine,but boy I have used mine daily for the past 3 years.I joined this site months back but never really used it.
    I am loving putting my foods into this program to really see what the good and bad sits.I love it and I have an I phone and the hubby has an Ipad so I have no reason to track "What I Bite I Write". Take Care.:bigsmile:
  • StefieLB
    Options
    Hi! I am a vegan folk- 14 years strong! I love being vegan- it has become a strong part of my identity. i agree with a previous post that the beauty of being vegan is you end up cutting out so many things that are not healthy to begin with. However.. I have a small vegan baking company, so thus- here I am on MFP to try to be a little more mindful of what I consume. We have dabbled in raw foods, but I always find it requires so much time, but the energy I put into it always leads to some really great meals. Good luck to you all- and hey, I could use some friends! any vegans/ vegan-friendly folks want to friend me to support our journey of health and ahimsa?
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to the site and was hoping to find some like-minded people. :) Looks like I just did. Though I am not totally Vegan, I have been reading Rip Esselstyn's Engine 2 diet book and it talks about being plant strong. I love the way it makes me feel, but I have always been a big fan of convenience over cooking, and I need support with food prep and ideas for creative and yummy foods. I hope to make friends with some of you and work together to fulfill our goals!
  • kimwig
    kimwig Posts: 164
    Options
    My partner and I are full vegan (and no alcohol) all the time (rather than a vegetarian that is vegan some of the time). makes us sound very boring, but we are not.

Find it very easy to be such, have a vast range of foods and meals we eat, and have found it to be very good for our general well being and contendedness with the world.

Was hard initially, until we worked out recipes and meals that suited us. Use soy milk if we need milk (in our porridge oats only), don't need cheese (but can still make a mean pizza without cheese), eggs were not something we ate so don't miss them.

Learnt to love tofu, beans, legumes, and other protein sources, grow a lot of veggies and have our own fruit trees so that makes it easier