PCOS sufferers!

Options
I'm new, 23 and suffering from PCOS!

Looking for fellow PCOS-ees for motivation and advice! :)

Replies

• anburns6
    anburns6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fellow PCOS-er here too :)
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and there are some other groups on here as well that are specifically for us PCOS'ers! I've learned alot of valuable information from some of the women on there, they are so knowledgable, its amazing!

It's harder for us to lose the weight, but I have made the change to a Low GI/low carb diet on advice of a dr. and it seems to be working. Slowly but surley!

You can add me, and good luck with the journey!
  • PixieDustTwinkleToes
    PixieDustTwinkleToes Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, may it serve you well :smile:

There's a bunch of us with pcos here, all chugging along lol. Feel free to add and good luck!
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Me too! Feel free to add me. :)
  • toconeledoux
    toconeledoux Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS 18 years ago and I have let it rule my life. As I approached my 41st birthday I decided this spring to take control of my body and make serious changes to my diet and lifestyle. I have cut simple "white" carbs and dessert sugars from my diet, my physician modified my plan and removed also milk, cheeses, and yogurts (foods that could harbor hormones from the dairy industry that can cross species). I have started to really enjoy being active and have participated (run/walk/run/walk) in 5 5K road races in the past 5 weeks. I feel amazing and the scale has dropped from 204 to 195. I am hoping that the dietary and exercise changes will help with my cycle and the hirsutism that has plagued me since I was a teenager. Only time will tell, but I am incredibly optimistic.

Believe in yourself and you can do anything.
  • aedwards91
    aedwards91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me to .. please feel free to add me =) need as many online buddies to motivate me!!!
  • raschlosser
    raschlosser Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there I was diagnosed with PCOS 20 years ago, so I have lived with it most of my life. I am also at the point where I am taking control and make changes. Please feel free to add me as well.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    The MFP board http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3070-p-c-o-sis has a LOT of great info. But I'd recommend reading thru many of the threads there before you post, because there is a TON of information there that will answer many of your questions before you ask them. Lots of information about pcos, side effects, different diet plans that have worked, many new friends, etc

Hang in there, its harder to lose weight with pcos but it can be done!
  • shellgoff
    shellgoff Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi from a fellow PCOS-er!
  • Jennlc033
    Jennlc033 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Me too, feel free to add
  • lisha7997
    lisha7997 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm a sufferer so feel free to add me as well as I've just restarted my efforts.
  • morgust
    morgust Posts: 14
    Options
    I also have PCOS....after the diagnosis and fertility treatment to have my little bundle of joy. I started my weight loss trip. I started in January of this year and I am down 35 pounds. I also cut out breads/noodles (basically gluten free). Add me if you would like!
  • Leeny01
    Leeny01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Fellow PCOS girl, too! (Also hypothyroid) Just started low carbing in the last few weeks and have lost 11 pounds so far. Feels like a miracle! It's a fair bit of experimenting sometimes but you'll get there!
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed more than 30 years ago with PCOS and have struggled throughout my life with weight. I am now also pre-diabetic and have a history of very low vitamin d. It wasn't until the D was corrected that I could lose weight at all. So I am trying it again. I refuse to be diabetic. I am working with a dietician/nutritionist and so far it's good. Most days I don't get the number of carbs she suggested but then again I don't process them we'll.
  • camoani
    camoani Posts: 14
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have just completed bilateral surgery for ovarian mass, lesions. It caused me great pain in the last 6 months. I just recently started LCHF eating. I feel great as far as energy. This is my second day post op. I'm hoping to not only lose the weight, but continue to feel healthier every day. I am also a Lupus, Avascular necrosis sufferer. So, I know this way of eating will help me get rid of the Chronic pain. Good luck to everyone!:wink:
  • JanelleyC
    JanelleyC Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's comforting to know that there are so many other women struggling with the same PCOS issues. Most family/friends like to think my symptoms are not that bad or I'm not trying.... I'm lazy.... etc. It can damage your self esteem for sure. I was diagnosed at 15, I'm now 45. Infertility, hirstuism, and obesity. Keep up the good work ladies... it's so encouraging!:heart:
  • shandawg5
    shandawg5 Posts: 7
    Options
    I was diagnosed 5 years ago and am really trying to get my hormones, well, let's face it, everything on track. If you suffer from PCOS (or even if you don't), please add me! We all need motivation!!
  • gunshyangel78
    gunshyangel78 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too. I follow a HFLC diet to help with the symptoms and lose weight. I'm essentially wheat and Gluten free, and feeling much better. Feel free to add me. I have a long way to go on my weight loss journey.
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have insulin-resistant PCOS. I've tried a variety of things through my journey and finally found some things that work. Feel free to add me.
  • teddiebare
    teddiebare Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request :) I have had PCOS since puberty, but was just diagnosed in January.

Anyone other cysters who would like to add me, please feel free. I do heavy lifting, keto diet, and run.