I ran my first 5k!

Options
2»

Replies

• threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for being so kind and encouraging!
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Way to go! :drinker:
  • eplerd
    eplerd Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
    I'm 5'4" and started this lifestyle change at 244 lbs, CW 231, GW 140 or so (will decided when I get closer).
    At this point I'm happy to be moving slowly towards a sub-200lb weight for the first time since 1993 or so.
    At 51 it hasn't been easy but now that I'm walking daily at lunch with a co-worker I think she's convinced ME to do a 5K in November.

I've already been doing the ocasional 3 mile walk at lunch so now I'm working in increasing my pace!!

Dave
  • bec_232
    bec_232 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!!!! That's awesome.:happy:
  • harpere87
    harpere87 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! I ran my first 5k too! I'd walked plenty but I actually ran! Isn't it such an exhilirating feeling when you cross the finish?! =D
    Congrats on your success!
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
    I'm 5'4" and started this lifestyle change at 244 lbs, CW 231, GW 140 or so (will decided when I get closer).
    At this point I'm happy to be moving slowly towards a sub-200lb weight for the first time since 1993 or so.
    At 51 it hasn't been easy but now that I'm walking daily at lunch with a co-worker I think she's convinced ME to do a 5K in November.

I've already been doing the ocasional 3 mile walk at lunch so now I'm working in increasing my pace!!

Dave

Dave, Speed is so hard to increase! I'm running another race in a few weeks and I really want to do it in under 40 minutes (my first 5k was 42:43). I tired out that last mile. I've always heard that you should work on increasing distance and speed will come. You'll love your first race. It's addicting :)
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! What a great nsv.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Thank you for sharing your awesome and inspirational NSV with us!
  • homemademama
    homemademama Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I can't tell You how much I needed to hear that ♥ such an inspiration
  • pippadeedippity
    pippadeedippity Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yay! I just signed up for my first 5K the other day (it's in June). I'm doing my own form of interval training, but would love to hear more about what's worked for you.

I did a Boston Strong 2.62 mile charity race in April and it was my first official road race. I ran all but about 1/4 mile of it. I was so proud once I completed it!

Can't wait to complete the 5K...I have approximately one month to train for it.

Thanks for the inspiration! Mindy
  • EllaIsNotEnchanted
    EllaIsNotEnchanted Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    welcome to the world of collecting finishing medals.
  • Gingycat40
    Gingycat40 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Whooo Hoooooooooooooooooooo CONGRATS !!! Freaking awesome... so proud of you :):):)