Most ridiculous serving size?

Options

Replies

• sadiebea25
    sadiebea25 Posts: 72
    Options
    2 things recently that I've came across...

1 little microwave cup of mashed potatoes is 1.5 servings. WTF? Who doesn't eat the whole cup, and who's going to eat that tiny .5 serving, it's like 2 bites!

And I bought a cedar lane frozen burrito dinner. It's small. I read the label again, and it says it's 2 servings. Again WTF, who eats half a tiny frozen burrito?

Makes me mad!!
  • blgmw2
    blgmw2 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    How about croutons? 2 Tablespoons? What? How do you put croutons in a tablespoon? Well I just did and guessed at 3 croutons per tablespoon. I'm dieing here.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    all serving size are ridiculous but if you follow them their beneficial >portion control< lol
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of honey sesame seed sticks for 160 calories, holy hell I can at least eat a half cup serving in one sitting.
  • chloeealicee
    chloeealicee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    When I was making lunch today, I realised that Heinz give the information for HALF a can of soup.... Am I the only one that thinks half a can isn't enough? Especially when it's the '68cals per half can' chicken noodle that I had today :huh:

it took me so long to realise this, i sympathise with you on this 100 percent
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    How about croutons? 2 Tablespoons? What? How do you put croutons in a tablespoon? Well I just did and guessed at 3 croutons per tablespoon. I'm dieing here.

I know right lol
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I was looking at my cooking spray and the serving size was 1/4 of a second. Has to be the most ridiculous ever, on so many levels.

If you're in the us, they're allowed to round down from 0.5g of fat to 0. As your cooking spray is probably mostly oil ( did you check the ingredients?) The the bulk of the calories will come from the fat (9 cal/g). by rounding down the fat they get 0cal. But most people will spray 2-3 seconds, or 2-3 shorter 1+s bursts. So they're actually getting nearer 27 cal per serving. Assuming 1g/s, but that assumption may also be an underestimate
  • artistryrose
    artistryrose Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    any serving suggestion/size of pringles (sorry if its already been mentioned) is just pointless, its all or nothing, same goes for jelly belly jelly beans

Holy jelly beans, half a bag seems appropriate!!
  • artistryrose
    artistryrose Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I bought a food scale a few years back that I use religiously, and it seams like the spoons/cups measuring do not come
    Close to the actual grams/ounces.... The weight tops out before I fill the 1/4 cup serving, so I choose the ladder :)
  • katsiano
    katsiano Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't ever eat these anymore, but as a kid I LOVED Pop Tarts. I always found it absurd that they wrapped them in packs of two, but a serving size was just one Pop Tart!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options

I know right lol

My bag of croutons says that the serving size is 2 tbsp (7 grams) = 35 calories. I agree that everything should be grams first because they're chunks of bread.
    When I was making lunch today, I realised that Heinz give the information for HALF a can of soup.... Am I the only one that thinks half a can isn't enough? Especially when it's the '68cals per half can' chicken noodle that I had today huh

Too true. Canned goods should always be 1 serving. What are you going to do, reseal it? Split 1 can with a friend who also likes eating tiny bowls of soup? I'm hoping that the new Nutrition Facts guidelines apply to soups.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    any serving suggestion/size of pringles (sorry if its already been mentioned) is just pointless, its all or nothing, same goes for jelly belly jelly beans

a serving of jelly bellies is 35 beans. I mean, that's ok, but then a half hour later, you get up for more. Especially if it's the Costco sized one and it's in the office for everyone to take.

Darn beans.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I don't ever eat these anymore, but as a kid I LOVED Pop Tarts. I always found it absurd that they wrapped them in packs of two, but a serving size was just one Pop Tart!

Word! Frigging Pop Tarts are like 450 for both pastries.
  • sophiegrace543
    sophiegrace543 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    When I was making lunch today, I realised that Heinz give the information for HALF a can of soup.... Am I the only one that thinks half a can isn't enough? Especially when it's the '68cals per half can' chicken noodle that I had today huh

Too true. Canned goods should always be 1 serving. What are you going to do, reseal it? Split 1 can with a friend who also likes eating tiny bowls of soup? I'm hoping that the new Nutrition Facts guidelines apply to soups.
    [/quote]

And how the heck are you meant to measure EXACTLY half a can without getting really fussy (and, in my case at least, probably spilling soup everywhere...)

"120 cals for leek and potato - that's not bad!....oh. Half a can."
  • taniav44
    taniav44 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    OMG i love Oreos. I could not just eat 3... I would eat the whole package without any problem.

Cereal.... I must admit i have it just 30g with 100g of natural yogurt. It is enough for me in the morning, but i guess I’m just weird.

Some other items are so many calories. How do they expect us to have a decent meal when the recommended is so ridiculous?!?
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    It's "latter", not "ladder". Those are two completely different things.

...the more you know...
    [/quote]

If you're going to be the grammar police, there is also a difference between seams and seems.
  • JoshTheGiant
    JoshTheGiant Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    The 3rd, 4th, and 20th Oreo will taste the same as the first two. If you're eating Oreos to get full you have an unorthodox view on dieting. If you're eating them to enjoy the taste, enjoy two cookies and savor them.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    William-Sonoma's "Ultimate Burger Seasoning".

On the package it says, "Mix 2 tbsp. seasoning per 1 lb of ground meat." Assuming a quarter-pound burger, that's a whopping 1.5 tsp per burger. However, on the back the serving size, is defined as 1/4 tsp.

This misleading advertising hides it contains 30%+ of your daily salt!
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    When I was making lunch today, I realised that Heinz give the information for HALF a can of soup.... Am I the only one that thinks half a can isn't enough? Especially when it's the '68cals per half can' chicken noodle that I had today :huh:

it took me so long to realise this, i sympathise with you on this 100 percent

Like me, I have half, and I just can't stop at that. I think I have a problem.