Replies

• suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Duh...peanut butter...2 Tbsp...really?
  • Theohariti
    Theohariti Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Lol. I agree. This just about drove me insane, until I just weighed out a serving. It's more like 3 croutons. :}
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    2 tbsp of peanut butter. Significantly less than you think if you're using actual tablespoons too (try weighing it!!). GTFO... gimme the jar and a spoon.

And then when you're trying to measure it out, half of it gets stuck to the spoon and you need to use another spoon to wipe it off. It's a 5 minute process.

Especially true with the PB2 powder.
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    any can of cooking spray that has some bull**** like "1/4 second spray" and ends up with ... at magically 0 calories even though the can has close to 900 calories in reality lol
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Lol Ramen noodles. Serving size is half a block of noodles!
    This. I'm side eyeing anyone who only eats half of a package.
  • earthpagan87
    Options
    So they can charge three times as much for a "low calorie" option lol o(IE 100 calorie nutty bars are individually wrapped but otherwise the exact same except for the price haha)
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    cute-captions-29.jpg
  • SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Our vegetable oil spray - a serving size is 1/8 second of spray. How the hell do you spray for only 1/8 of a second??
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Mt Olive kosher dill pickle spears - 1 serving = 3/4 of a spear.

Thread win. I don't have to read anymore.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Actually my least favourite serving size thing is when it's listed in Millilitres instead of grams or ounces!! I have miracle whip that is 2 tablespoons (15 ml). How am I supposed to weigh that!! 15 ml of water equals about 15 grams of water, but miracle whip is not the same density as water!! I had to google it and from what I read it's roughly 10 grams, but really have no idea if that's actually correct.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's - 1/2 cup. Pure. Torture.

No such size with Ben & Jerry's

I thought it was packaged in single servings!

]IMG_38532.jpg[/URL]
  • maulop
    maulop Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I guess for the same reason hot dog sausages comes in a pack of 5 and hot dog buns in packs of 6, pure business. They don't care if you got fat in the process as long you keep buying their stuff.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Hormel turkey pepperoni. Serving size is 30g, or 17 slices. 17 slices always turns up 29 or 31g.
  • spaghetti93
    spaghetti93 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    i have never eaten the serving size of cereal in my life. If I'm going to have cereal, I know I'm going to have a full bowl.

Earlier I was eating dried figs. The serving size is 4 figs, or 1/4 cup. Servings per container: 4. But there are at least 25 figs in the package... Some things just don't add up.

And this isn't really a serving size but the nutrition information is just ridiculous... has anybody seen the kobe beef burgers in trader joes? 660 calories a patty and 56g of fat... yikes
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Like others mentioned, cereal. Who the hell eats ONE cup of cereal?!
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm getting pretty good a serving sizes. I eat one cup of cereal, half a cup of ice cream etc.

What I hate it the diabetic serving size of HALF a medium banana. Have you any idea how sad the other half of that banana looks by the next day!

I also hate things that have half cup (4 oz) serving sizes in a 14 oz. can. I think we should start a lobby that all packaged foods must be marketed in packages containing x number of servings with no fractions of servings left over.
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I don't know about serving sizes but I have an irrational hatred of any container that has fractional servings. Servings per container - 2.5. WTF?

"How many servings shall we put in a container? Two or three? Oh, *kitten* it, let's just split the difference and call it two and a half."

So if it's just me and the wife, we have to store or throw half a serving, or over-eat.
    If it's me, the wife and our daughter, we get stiffed on the servings, or have to open two packets and store/throw two servings.
    If my step-son is visiting, we have to open two packets, and store or throw a serving.

LMAO! This is a dilemma. You know what..............we're just not going to eat anything with a half serving in it. That item is most likely made in hell and no one needs that, right?

And I agree about the pop tarts and cereal! I'm eating BOTH of these pastries and how every much cereal I can get in this bowl, it's going down. Have you ever seen a cup of Cheerios? You can still see the bottom of your bowl of your pour it. Unacceptable. A cup of Shredded Wheat? 6 pillows get in there and that's it. That too....unacceptable.
  • JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I mean, besides Fig Newtons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBko_3wT44Q

I love the FF fig newtons and yeah only 2 cookies for 90 calories.....can I have 3 or 4 servings and just call it a meal LOL :)
  • JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Oh no I have an even better one. Damn Fiber One brownies.

The commercial came up, I'm hungry as hell, that brownie looks big, fluffy, and delicious. 90 calories!? (If I remember correctly). I'm sold!

Head to the supermarket, buy me some Fiber One brownies, get home, open the box.

A damn brownie is like the size of my pinky. Length and width. DAMN IT.

LMAO This post really made me literally laugh out loud! I thought they looked fabulous, but now I know not to bother buying them :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Oh no I have an even better one. Damn Fiber One brownies.

The commercial came up, I'm hungry as hell, that brownie looks big, fluffy, and delicious. 90 calories!? (If I remember correctly). I'm sold!

Head to the supermarket, buy me some Fiber One brownies, get home, open the box.

A damn brownie is like the size of my pinky. Length and width. DAMN IT.

LMAO This post really made me literally laugh out loud! I thought they looked fabulous, but now I know not to bother buying them :)

They're delicious. But yes, small. It's hard to stop at one, it's only 90 calories after all...