Doctor's Select: Weight Loss 4

Options

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Community Guidelines

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I don't see rude, I see straight forward honest answers.
    In fact I would say you were being more rude than the rest of the posters.

Welcome to the forums and the internet, where people will give you straight answers and not just pat you on the back.
  • poohbah4
    poohbah4 Posts: 127
    Options
    Did the manufacturer offer any proof (preferably a double blind study) to show that the supplement was safe and effective? :frown:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    wow y'all are kinda all a**holes. this is suppose to be a supportive community, it was a simple question. I don't need smart a** answers, if you don't have positive and helpful answers then keep the comments to yourself. If you don't even know what the hell I'm asking keep the **** to yourself. I asked if anyone has used it, simple answer should be NO or YES and what you got out of it. Everything else you can honestly shove back up your a** because it doesn't mean **** to me.
    You know this could be a hit record for you if you record it.:wink:
    Okay I kid, but don't take it personally. It's the internet. You will get lots of actual good information on this site from people who actually know what they're talking about even it something they disagree with you doing. Not personal, just honest.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Can I have all your extra money you're p***ing away? I have a backlog of Peeps that I can send you. Look it up - Peeps Cleanse.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    wow y'all are kinda all a**holes. this is suppose to be a supportive community, it was a simple question. I don't need smart a** answers, if you don't have positive and helpful answers then keep the comments to yourself. If you don't even know what the hell I'm asking keep the **** to yourself. I asked if anyone has used it, simple answer should be NO or YES and what you got out of it. Everything else you can honestly shove back up your a** because it doesn't mean **** to me.

I haven't used any type supplement ever. And I thought several people were rude to you also!

Sooo.... for people that want to try these pills and think everyone is rude, can you step away and think about this objectively? If you went to the Vitamin Shoppe and was trying to buy a protein powder that claimed it would keep you full for 8 hours and the guy there said, "I wouldn't waste your money on that, there's nothing special in it" would you be pissed? Wouldn't you say, "Thank you kind employee for not letting me piss away my money on something that isn't special?"

Likewise, imagine you are at GNC buying these magical pills and you ask for experience. What if the employee says, "You know, they don't actually have any proven benefits so I wouldn't waste my money on them." Would you call them rude and storm out.

no - maybe you'd have a light bulb moment.

Take what you want but when someone is trying to save me money.... I'm usually grateful.

ETA: Why does it seem like everyone is so freaking sensitive all the time?
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I tried the Green Coffee bean extract and Raspberry keytones - separately, not combined in one supplement.
    They did nothing. I hope you have better luck and didn't waste your money like I did.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options

No, I haven't used it or any other weight loss supplement.

I achieved what I wanted by eating less and moving more and that is all.
  • mommysockmonkey
    mommysockmonkey Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    coffee is the only supplement I need. And willpower

Well said!
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I'm worried they might affect my mood negatively. Have you experienced anything similar to that while using them?
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I'm worried they might affect my mood negatively. Have you experienced anything similar to that while using them?

OMG I actually just lol'd in real life :)
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options

OMG I actually just lol'd in real life :)

Me too! :laugh:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    unicorn+poop-mika.jpg
  • kitticus15
    kitticus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    it seems some people are happy to ignore community guidelines and then tell people " honest opinion" unfortunately we live in a society that does not like admitting the culture of bullying still goes on but in the disguise of honesty, banter or jokes.

Some people find it hard to lose weight initially, some find using supplements help while they make the transition from rubbish overproccessed food marketed to us as "healthy" to real healthy fresh produce.

Sometimes there are medical problems that have not been diagnosed due to healthcare providers assuming people are not trying or simply because some people find it too expensive to seek medical treatment.

Some places it actually does cost more to eat fresh produce and some places you would need a mortgage to buy organic.

But while we may not always agree with what is posted, it is always nicer to be polite just like the guidelines want:-

MyFitnessPal Site-wide Community Guidelines

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    OP why not just stick to diet (using MFP as a calorie counter and stay under your calorie goal) and exercise? If you are willing to do that, you will lose weight. Do something you can stick with for the rest of your life, not just a temporary fix. Good luck.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    it seems some people are happy to ignore community guidelines and then tell people " honest opinion" unfortunately we live in a society that does not like admitting the culture of bullying still goes on but in the disguise of honesty, banter or jokes.

Some people find it hard to lose weight initially, some find using supplements help while they make the transition from rubbish overproccessed food marketed to us as "healthy" to real healthy fresh produce.

Sometimes there are medical problems that have not been diagnosed due to healthcare providers assuming people are not trying or simply because some people find it too expensive to seek medical treatment.

Some places it actually does cost more to eat fresh produce and some places you would need a mortgage to buy organic.

But while we may not always agree with what is posted, it is always nicer to be polite just like the guidelines want:-

MyFitnessPal Site-wide Community Guidelines

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

And the only one who attacked anyone is the OP.

No one here bullied anyone. That word gets thrown around so much on this board it's ridiculous and the more it's used to describe posts that aren't bullying it is giving less importance to when it ACTUALLY happens.

Blunt honest answers =/= bullying
    Blunt honest answers =/= unsupportive
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be another Dr. Who thread. Oh, and no.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be another Dr. Who thread. Oh, and no.

If only...

tumblr_lttcrjiCyD1qht847.gif
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    So I wanted an ALL NATURAL weight loss supplement or dietary supplement to start taking along with exercise and changing my eating habits. I found a supplement called Doctor's Select Natraceuticals Weight Loss 4, which includes Green Coffee bean extract, Raspberry keytones, garcinia cambogia and white mulberry. So far i love it, it makes me feel like it is cleaning my system out, and im not as lazy and tired as i usually was. Has anyone else tried this for a longer period then 3 days, with any results?

Or do you have any other supplements that you might like?

I like broccoli, kale, or spinach. Steam or roast with seasonings and just a little olive oil. They are all natural, healthy, and if you eat them every day, they are guaranteed to help you lose weight *. They can be found at any grocery store.

* In additon to a low calorie balanced diet
This discussion has been closed.