Women over 40 with 40lbs to lose

Options
124»

Replies

• Nancy_AZ60
    Nancy_AZ60 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am 14 years over 40.. and need to lose 45.
  • ladyrhodes1
    Options
    40/40 right here! I'd love to join! I know the feeling!
  • vanhooklaura
    Options
    Fantastic Job !!!!
  • allynady
    allynady Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 & need to lose 40! Y'all add me if you want:)
  • wesmas3
    wesmas3 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, I'm 63 years old with about 50 lbs. to loose and I DESPERATELY need some support and motivation from people who know what it is like to try and loose this much weight at this age. Unfortunately, I am really upset with myself over gaining so very much weight as several years ago I lost 75lbs. in a year and went from a 22W to a 14. I have a number of health problems that limit my activity right now that do make exercising much rather difficult (had achilles tendon surgery and partial knee replacement in the past 9 months). HELP! I NEED SOME FRIENDS TO TALK TO!!!!
  • thesecret_squirrel
    Options
    Hi! I'm 41 and have one pound for each year of life to lose.

I did calorie-counting and exercising in 2007 and lost 30+ pounds. But after moving and starting a new job, I gained it all back, with a few new "friends".

I am also a new mom again - my baby is 9 months old (my older 2 are 19 & 17). I managed to lose most of the baby weight right after birth, but now I need to get rid of all this other fat.

I have journeyed from couch potato to half-marathon runner (my last half was in 2011). So I know I can do it - and so can you!
  • kansasbelle
    kansasbelle Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    turned 43 on the 19th...you can ad me too

21842360.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LeaAcc
    LeaAcc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to get some friends from this category, too. I am 46 with about 43 pounds to lose. I haven been getting no where on my own, just looking for a little outside help, see if that makes a difference! Please add me to your list. Anyone. I just signed up tonight to the groups. I also use a FitBit.
  • lsamllr7
    lsamllr7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have more than 40 to lose and I am over 40. Please feel free to add me so we can support eachother. Tell me what you think of the fitbit I was thinking about getting one.
  • lecounth
    lecounth Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    In the same boat both age and weight to lose! Will add some of you over the weekend when I have a free moment or two -- feel free to add me!!
  • LeaAcc
    LeaAcc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The FitBit has helped me get moving a lot more. I didn't think it would be so hard to average 10k steps a day but when I got it I realized I wasn't as active as I thought I was!. Now I set my goal to 11k a day and am usually over it. I have the FitBit Flex and recently got the Aria scale to go along with it. I don't always like what I see but it does make me face reality, that's for sure. I started out with the FitBit Zip but found that I kept forgetting to put it back on after my shower. The Flex can be worn 24 hrs a day and since I've stopped wearing a watch (I use my cell phone for time) it does not get in my way anymore than the watch I used to wear. Please send me a friend request if you want, I just got on the message boards tonight and need to start talking to others so I stop cheating on myself.
  • bkk40in2011
    bkk40in2011 Posts: 72
    Options
    Add me too - 43 and actually 55 lbs to go but close enough! Have a trip on the line to keep me motivated. Love MFP. I like really seeing my choices for the 1st time. Those of you looking to get into a size 8 - it is crazy now how small those jeans look. When I was an 8 I had no idea how good I had it! Good luck to all!
  • irish6165
    irish6165 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me......would love to talk to people my own age !!
  • Hondashadowryder
    Options
    Hi I just joined as well. 44 years old. My daughter who is 12 just had a frightening bout of anorexia. So the last 6 months of my life i have been cooking and eating every high calorie thing I could think of !! She is now doing well and it's time for me to smarten up !
    Have to be very careful not to let my daughter think I am "dieting" though.

On top of that I just had knee surgery last Friday so I have not been able to exercise.

I would love some support and dinner recipes around 500 calories ????????????

I am 5 3 and 176 lbs now ackkk. Highest weight ever even thru two pregnancies :-(.

Goal is to loose 26 lbs.
  • wesmas3
    wesmas3 Posts: 4
    Options
    Okay! I saw lots of "replies" to my cry for help. Now I am new to all of this so I have a bit of a question. How do you add people and what exactly does that mean--to "add" someone. WESMAS3 is my user name. Real name is Margaret.