New Season On Biggest Loser!

Options
Hey! Tonight is the night that the Biggest Loser come back for season 11!! Im So excited and i cannot wait to watch it! It's so inspiring to me to watch people like you and me shrink down to a happy and healthier them. It makes me wanna be that stronger! So i am going to watch it and try to "follow" them as i will claim victory on my weight loss as well!:happy:

i know it's back and starts tonight in the USA, but im not sure about the UK. So i promise on my part i wont spoil ANYTHING!

Replies

• crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    love love love BL and I will be watching it again, as usual! I usually cry at some point...it is sooo inspiring to me.
  • DarcysLosingIt
    DarcysLosingIt Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I try to schedule my workout times on Tuesdays during the show, so when I get tired on the treadmill or elliptical, I watch them people on the show and tell myself - If they can do it, so can I. I can't wait to watch tonight.
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I hope this season is better than last... all the game play made me sad last season....
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Im such a baby too, i always tear up or cry with them... i try to hold back my "being corny" with crying becuase then my bf will make fun of me (in a fun way). lol but he watches it also and we cheer on the great one and wanna kick out the haters, lol!
  • mandyreadsbooks88
    Options
    IM SO MAD...I am here in Germany (husband in the army) and I can't view it online :(
  • Bearface115
    Options
    I hope this season is better than last... all the game play made me sad last season....

OMG that game play last season make me so angry, lol i wanted to punch brendan in the face bc he was one of my rooters in the very begining, then he turned out to be a two face little bugger!, but i like the drama at the same time.... BUT even more i want the right person to make it through. I have to recored it on tuesdays b/c i have night school till 10:30 at night and need to wake up the next day at 4:00am. lol but i watch it after work on Weds!!
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I am so excited and can't wait!!
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    :) I don't have TV but I wish I could get them in box set form!
  • punkrawkcutie
    Options
    IM SO MAD...I am here in Germany (husband in the army) and I can't view it online :(

Have you tried www.tv-dome.net ... they are about 5 days behind in posting that one show (everthing else like 2 hours) but at least then you could watch it?
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    My whole day is planned around BL starting tonight. We just turned our guest room into a workout room (hey - I never have people over anyway...)... so tonight will be my first night on my treadmill watching BL on my new tv! So excited. We're having beef stew... it's in the crockpot now... so that I'm not running into a time crunch when I climb on the treadmill... I even bought new shoes for the event! LOL!
  • punkrawkcutie
    Options
    I love how much this show motivates people!!!
  • Bearface115
    Options
    My whole day is planned around BL starting tonight. We just turned our guest room into a workout room (hey - I never have people over anyway...)... so tonight will be my first night on my treadmill watching BL on my new tv! So excited. We're having beef stew... it's in the crockpot now... so that I'm not running into a time crunch when I climb on the treadmill... I even bought new shoes for the event! LOL!

LOL! that's Awesome! It's great how we plan our lives around a show, but the thing is, this show is motivation and the fuel i need every time i watch it... i just wish they had one episode every day, that would REALLY keep me on track!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to the new season, even though the last one just ended. Makes sense for them to air it at the beginning of January with all the Resolutioners out there. I don't like the gameplay, but it's there every season. I'm hoping this season they have more contestants who dont' necessarily have a sob story-- just people who struggle to lose weight and need the extra help. Not everyone needs to have a tragedy. I know it makes for good TV, but it makes me a slobbering mess and not be able to relate to them as well.
  • Bearface115
    Options
    Looking forward to the new season, even though the last one just ended. Makes sense for them to air it at the beginning of January with all the Resolutioners out there. I don't like the gameplay, but it's there every season. I'm hoping this season they have more contestants who dont' necessarily have a sob story-- just people who struggle to lose weight and need the extra help. Not everyone needs to have a tragedy. I know it makes for good TV, but it makes me a slobbering mess and not be able to relate to them as well.

True, but it also is the reason why they became so heavy to begin with becuase of emotional eating... and beleive me and sobbing... it goes with everyone in the world if i meet them in person... If they have a story and brings up an emotional part and they get choked up and start to cry, i can help but get the lump in my throat and cry with them.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I agree... much of the gameplay is frustrating. One of my favorite parts of last season is when one team gave up their letters from home for the other team... that's the kind of stuff that makes me a sobbing mess.

I watch it because it kind of blows all of my excuses out the window.... if someone who is 400 lbs can workout for more than an hour and not die... chances are... I'm going to be okay.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the 2 new trainers are like as well...
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    I love BL also and I am a big cry baby too!:laugh: Last season was definitely not one of my favorite season. I know it is a game and they are really contestants but I don't like the back stabbers. I was happy for the winner because he really did need the car and money the most as far as I could tell. One highlight for me last seaason was when the chineese girl let the winner have the car!! If more of the contestants were like her I would have liked more of them.

The season before 10 was my favorite season because they really supported one another for the most part. there was only one lady in the red team who was all about the game. The rest to the team was really supportive of one another!

I am never at home on Tuesdays so I watch on line later in the week. Usually the next day now that they put it on the next day. Before last season I had to wait until Saturday to watch the Tuesday show.
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'll be watching tonight. I missed last season, but watched season 9. I also watched the Where Are They Now? episode last night and it was so great to see how much of an impact past contestants are having on their communities, and how well they are doing.
  • JennyBoBenny
    Options
    I love that show too - always have watched it! I get so emotionally charged towards whomever is into game play. I have to keep myself in check - no hating this season! LOL

I'm usually a blubbering mess too - especially on the makeover show when they see their families!

Just because of my schedule, I usually always end up eating while watching the show. I am fully aware of the irony of it and this season, I will do my very very best to not eat - certainly NEVER junk food / takeout!!!

Good for all of you who have already put it in place that you will work out while watching! I'll have to roll my yoga mat out and at the very least do some stretches and/or crunches!

Meet you all back here tonight?
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm glad it's back. I didn't realize it was going to be on already. Like others, I don't have tv so I have to wait until it's posted on the internet...so I may not get to watch it until the weekend, depends on when they make it available. It will be interesting to see what the new trainers are like and how they change the show.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Watching it tonight...after the gym. My boyfriend and I cannot stand to watch it live! We have it on the dvr so we can fast forward through the commercials, the replays, the repetitive stuff and the people we don't like!

I have watched the show since season 2, but I am getting a little burnt out. I also hope it's better than last season. No more Elizabeths...PLEASE!!!!