Girls Only: What makes the perfect boyfriend?

Options
13»

Replies

• eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    A new, special kind of store just opened up in a Manhattan shopping center. This store sells husbands, yes that’s right – women can browse men from floors of choices.

Actually, there are 6 floors of men, and with an increase in the floor level bringing an positive attributes… a nifty setup – with a catch. As you open the door to any floor, you may choose a man from that floor but if you go up, you cannot go back down except to exit the building. Interesting, right?

So a young woman goes to the shopping center to find a husband. On the first floor the sign on the door reads: Floor 1 – These men have jobs. The woman reads the sign and says to herself, “Well, that’s better than my last boyfriend, but I wonder what’s further up?” So up she goes.

The second floor sign reads: Floor 2 – These men have jobs and love kids. The woman remarks to herself, “That’s great, but I wonder what’s further up?” And up she goes again.

The third floor sign reads: Floor 3 – These men have jobs, love kids and are extremely good looking. “Hmmm, better” she says. “But I wonder what’s upstairs?”

The fourth floor sign reads: Floor 4 – These men have jobs, love kids, are extremely good looking and help with the housework. “Wow!” exclaims the woman, “very tempting. BUT, there must be more further up!” And again she heads up another flight.

The fifth floor sign reads: Floor 5 – These men have jobs, love kids, are extremely good looking, help with the housework and have a strong romantic streak. “Oh, mercy me! But just think… what must be awaiting me further on?” So up to the sixth floor she goes.

The sixth floor sign reads: Floor 6 – You are visitor 7,548,652 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor only exists as proof that women are impossible to please.

source
    http://www.funnyandjokes.com/pleasing-a-women.html
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Hi, is this where I come to tell women what they want?
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I've an irish accent, so while i'm inevitably talking ****e or annoying you, i'll at least sound ok ;)

(this doesn't work on Irish women mind...i should really move to another country)

As a friend of a female that let a man with an accent ruin her, I have to agree with him. If they have accents, all bets are off... preferably Irish/British accents...... Majority of women's brains stop working after a sexy accent speaks to us.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    To me? Someone that's funny, sweet, smart, nice, caring, kind, nerdy, kind of a smart a**, likes to get muddy, and is bald with a lovely smile. That would be the perfect boyfriend. Or husband.

+1 for nerdy
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Hi, is this where I come to tell women what they want?

It is! Would you like a sandwich and a beer while you're telling us?
  • srv524
    srv524 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    unfortunately women are never happy with what theyhave. you can have this sweet, loyal, funny almost perfect guy but the way her chews you want to punch him. or you can have this *kitten* badass cheating *kitten* of a bf but hes soooo hot its worth it?? umm.. yeah for be there is no perfect guy just like there is no perfect gf.. its a trade off, keep what you love and put up with what you hate... and i think this applies to both females and males.

Strong post #69

Agree...women don't know what they want. And when they do, they throw it away for a "bad boy" who ruins their heart :)

Not true Brandon!

Prove me wrong baby!
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Mr. Pineapple is perfect (for me): respectful, trustworthy, easygoing, consistently employed, open-minded, intelligent, independent, affectionate, funny, helpful, and playful. His gorgeous eyes are a bonus. :heart:

I don't think the problem is people don't know what they want, they don't know what they need. So they keep going for what they want rather than need and remain unsatisfied.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    SYSBu90.jpg
    Lithium-Ion cells instead of alkaline or nickel-cadmium.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    The one that leaves me the hell alone.

Wait, that's the perfect husband. NM
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    empathy and lots of it

also a mind & heart that cannot be contained in a box :flowerforyou:
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Let's hear the cheesy *sigh...Awww* and then a slight gag after what I have to say.

I am with MY perfect man. We don't agree on everything, but we agree to disagree. He supports me and I support him. We communicate. We rarely fight. We have a lot of things in common, and those things that we don't have in common, we respect each other for. We are each other's ids and egos when we need them.

For the record, we met over the internet in 2000, when "everyone on the net is going to kill you." I drove 7 hours, and 2 states away to meet him in person after talking to him for 6 or so months. We kept in touch off and on and until 2006, and one day, we decided we really loved each other wanted to be in each other's lives daily. So I made the move from MN to IL. 8 years later - still going strong.

Ok - you now may remove your finger from your mouth and discontinue the gagging sound......
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hmm....I am definitely not expecting perfection. I just want a good guy. Who works hard, has maybe lived enough to know what is worth being upset about. We all have our irks but sometimes it's just not worth it. Respect is huge to me as I didn't have any in my first marriage. Consideration, etc. It really takes very little to make me happy. I love spending time together but also value my time to myself. And obviously he has to understand I have two young boys and we're a package deal.

I love a great sense of humor, intelligence, romance like anyone else too!! :wink: A good kisser helps..as making out is one of my biggest turn ons!! lol
  • becker420
    becker420 Posts: 59
    Options
    Someone who knows and understands that no is perfect and they are still loyal and treat you like your the love of their life. He doesn't have to be perfect. Just one who understand.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

Agree...women don't know what they want. And when they do, they throw it away for a "bad boy" who ruins their heart :)

That may be your experience, but it's certainly not mine!!! :grumble:

That's the experience 9/10 times.

**girl complains about not having a good guy who's stable and treats her well**
    **good guy comes along, gets rejected**
    **girl goes out with bad boy, gets her heart broken...again**
    **girl starts buying into the myth that all guys are the same**
    **girl doesn't realize she's just making bad choices**
    **girl repeats process over and over and over and over expecting different results**

well... not all women are like this. I'm not gonna argue w/you and tell you MY life story, but just know that there are good girls that are taken advantage of by men and the good guys you refer to have NOT come along. But I'm not in any rush.

There is this one guy who seems super nice but he's taking his sweet *kitten* time getting to know me! we first met the end of March and have only seen each other three times! What is up with that???? rhetorical question - no need to respond.

Thus, the reason I said 9/10 times. ;)
    I know not all women are like this, and I'm thankful for that. BUT, the notion that all men/women are the same (seems to be popular nowadays) is completely asinine. Maybe it's the logical side of me, but it irritates me to hear that line. I don't care if that's all you've had is bad apples. Unless you've met and dated EVERY single man/woman, then *said person* has no basis to place a blanket statement over an entire sex.