Homemade Juices?

Options
MissBabyJane
MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
Heey! I just got my new juicer and I'm super excited! I bought tons of fruits (oranges, lemons, clementines, apples, strawberries,
cantaloupe, carrots & etc.) I'm looking for some juices ideas. Please share your favourites!

Replies

• DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I just throw in whatever I have and see what happens. It's normally good. I always have greens in it. A couple handsful of spinach normally. Then an apple and/or citrus fruit. Sometimes half a banana. Most always carrots and a small amount of beets too. Beets I use a very very small amount. Half of a small beet, because they will take over the juice.

I do mine in a Vitamix as opposed to my juicer, so everything can go in-- including the banana.

Just start playing....I do try to keep it 75% veggies and 25% fruit---because of the sugar content, etc.
  • nurit1979
    nurit1979 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The recipes that come with the juicer are actually really good. I would start there. :)
  • thinnermenow2014
    Options
    To keep your system from being to acidic portion your juices 70%veggies to 30%fruit. also add fresh ginger root. loeads of vitamins will get you on the right track to being healthy. I love juicing kale with everything
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    This one is really good and refreshing. Sometimes I also add a little ginger to it. Makes about 6-6 ounce servings:

- 1 cantaloupe (with seeds, remove rind)
    - 4 Granny Smith apples (with peal, remove core)
    - 1 small cucumber (with peel)
    - 1 large carrot (with peel)
    - 8 ounces water

I rarely juice anymore (even gave my juicer away), but when I do want juice, I blend it in my Vitamix and then strain it through a nut milk bag.
  • rochellelbwalker
    Options
    My all time favorite is lemonade. 6 apples and 2 lemons. It is sooooooo good.

I also love cucumber, celery, apple, lemon, and ginger.