I`m confused...want to lose weight and do it right...

Options
As far it was only by diet everything was clear for me, and there was no problems. Less calories intake and will lose weight.
But this time i have decide to do exercise as well, i think i do quiet a lot. So i need advise.

I`m 28 180cm and 83kilos (now)

My everyday diet goal is 1470cal

And i go to gym 4 to 5 days a week

usually i do
1hour precor on variety program i put there my age and weight and usually trainer shows that i have burned 650cal
than i do some body weight exercises 3 circuits in each 3 sets with 15rep of 3 exercises for each - ABS, back, legs and push ups. i dont really count that i burn lots calories, takes usually around 40 min so i think 100 to 150 cal max
and than i do again 1 hour precor same stuff so again 650cal
or tredmill mix for hour walk 40 min on 4.0mph and run 20 min on 6.5mph so 400 to 500calnot more

so in total a day it usually makes 1300 burned cal

Its quiet a lot? so i`m confused is that calories burned what shows on trainer is right or it could be less?

And if it is right, that makes everyday (when i do gym) i have to eat 1470+1300 =2770 cal???

Is that right???

If so could you give me advise what should i eat cuz i really have problems to eat all those calories?

Any advice will be appreciated

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Fitness machines notorious for over-estimating calories burned. A good rule of thumb seems to be to eat back about 50-75% of them.

Even so, in my opinion 2 hours per day of heavy cardio is quite a lot. But if you enjoy it and have the time for it, and don't have any medical reasons to think that intense activity is a danger to you, then its really up to you. But getting enough fuel for your body will have benefits long term.
  • pippadeedippity
    pippadeedippity Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively new to this as well, but have been told by my nutritionist that the calories burned on the machines are usually on the high side. Not to say that you're not burning a ton of calories, but it might not be the exact number the machines say. I was also told not to eat my exercise calories if at all possible. I'm worried that you might be prone to burn out if you're exercising 2-1/2 hours per day...not sure that's completely necessary. I've had good luck with HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and the longest I stay at the gym is 1 hour. I do try to walk during my lunch breaks at work in addition, but that's only if I can escape my office. I'm sure others will chime in with suggestions, but figured I'd share what I've heard/learned/experienced.
    -Mindy
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,691 Member
    Options
    You DON'T need to do 2 hours of cardio to lose weight. You just need to eat less than you burn.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ElaizaWaters
    ElaizaWaters Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You DON'T need to do 2 hours of cardio to lose weight. You just need to eat less than you burn.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Its not like i force myself to do 2 hours, i enjoy it...after gym i feel very happy, full of energy, i`m just worried about right eating, should i eat all of those calories machine shows or i should eat by my diet plan or i should eat some part of burned cal.
    Cuz not its like in netto i eat from 300 to 600 cal a day...but if dont count burned cal than around 2000 cal.
  • BENNYDOOR
    BENNYDOOR Posts: 23
    Options
    As far as food goes.... if you eat whole foods there is no need to count calories as you will lose weight naturally. Processed foods, diet foods/drinks, chemicals in the food, & fat free foods are what make us overweight. Don't be afraid of fat in food! Just make sure its healthy fat from organic butter, organic whole milk and organic nuts. You can never eat too many vegetables!
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    As far as food goes.... if you eat whole foods there is no need to count calories as you will lose weight naturally. Processed foods, diet foods/drinks, chemicals in the food, & fat free foods are what make us overweight. Don't be afraid of fat in food! Just make sure its healthy fat from organic butter, organic whole milk and organic nuts. You can never eat too many vegetables!

Uhoh, I feel a storm a brewin!!!!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

No. You can get fat from whole foods avacados, nuts, bananas, quinoa..To name a few calorie dense ones.

you're sadly mistaken if you think the type of food trumps thermodynamics
  • 709sherry
    709sherry Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Those three links are awesome. Thanks for posting!
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options

No. You can get fat from whole foods avacados, nuts, bananas, quinoa..To name a few calorie dense ones.

you're sadly mistaken if you think the type of food trumps thermodynamics

This