Big Girl Runners (or wanna-be runners)!

Options
You guys were so so sweet about my 5k post I wanted to maybe give a little additional support to those of you who are beginner runners like me or who want to be runners. I have a blog that I am kind of re-vamping and just made a post about being a big girl runner. I hope it inspires you to go for it!

http://mightymeproject.blogspot.com/2014/05/fat-girls-running.html

ps - I've never shared this blog before so be nice please :)

Replies

• LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Great blog girl! Proud to have you as a friend on here. How do I subscribe to your blog?
  • adstott
    adstott Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    loved your blog thanks for the encouraging words!
  • Dch2272
    Dch2272 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, it's a great blog and you are doing a fabulous job!
  • VASMA63
    VASMA63 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed reading your experience with running - I believe if you RUN, then you're a runner. I'm a RRCA certified running coach, an overweight runner who coaches lots of overweight runners every year.
  • sangelino
    sangelino Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i can relate! i can't wait to read your blog!! I'm an overweight runner too! I'm a newbie though. I have my first 5k on saturday. I'm so nervous but looking forward to it. the only part i don't like about being in a 5k is the recovery time between the last run and race day. I need to get back out there! :)
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I continue to be amazed by the mental limits we put on ourselves that are so much lower than our actual physical limits. Once you can push through those the possibilities are endless.
  • threeohtwo
    Options
    Great blog girl! Proud to have you as a friend on here. How do I subscribe to your blog?

Hi! Thank you so much! Tomorrow I'm going to do a post about the actual 5k and some tips. On the right-hand side, at the top it says "subscribe to". You can just click that if you want to follow along :)
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I LOVED this! :love:

I'm currently attempting to start to run & wow is it hard! You are inspirational :bigsmile:
  • shaunayj
    shaunayj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Loved your blog!!!! I can't wait to be in that space where I can get to running.
  • lecounth
    lecounth Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Saving for the weekend when I have a free moment to read your blog!! Big girl runners unite!!
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for sharing! I started running this year too and it's very intimidating as a big girl but comforting to know there are several of us out there!!! :flowerforyou:

Sláinte! :drinker:
  • threeohtwo
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for sharing! I started running this year too and it's very intimidating as a big girl but comforting to know there are several of us out there!!! :flowerforyou:

Sláinte! :drinker:

I think that's the direction I want to take my blog! I want people to know that you can do it and successfully without injury. I want to be an advocate for big girl runners :)
  • threeohtwo
    Options
    Loved your blog!!!! I can't wait to be in that space where I can get to running.

You'll get there!
  • ashleypiasecki
    ashleypiasecki Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. I'm trying to get into running, and it's hugely discouraging that there are nothing but super-fit people jogging in my neighborhood. There is a specific 5k that I want to participate in coming up in a couple of months, and it's great to see that I'm not alone. I needed this shot in the arm today. :)
  • threeohtwo
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. I'm trying to get into running, and it's hugely discouraging that there are nothing but super-fit people jogging in my neighborhood. There is a specific 5k that I want to participate in coming up in a couple of months, and it's great to see that I'm not alone. I needed this shot in the arm today. :)

You've so got this. If you need any pointers feel free to message me. It's been a LOT of trial and error but I'm gettin there!
  • chokalte
    chokalte Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I read your blog and Loved it. I was encouraged to start running a while ago but its hard to run with the Girls and the weight. I too started the C25K app, stopped it, started again and stopped. Today before reading this I started it again and I completed the first day. Your blog will give me inspiration to try and finish the few weeks. Thank you for sharing
  • sjbuescher
    sjbuescher Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Another great blog to check out is runsforcookies.com

She started running when she was obese and ran her way into a healthier lifestyle and has done marathons and still runs daily. I would read her earlier blog posts to get some inspiration that is she could do it - I could do it.
  • QuietLyfe
    QuietLyfe Posts: 58
    Options
    I absolutely loved your blog! Thanks for sharing your experience. I am in the process of interval training because I want to complete the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon in January. I'm still a big girl working on getting this running thing down. Thanks for the encouragement!