Not to be gross but...

Options
All these vegys are giving me gas, I cannot live with this! Should I try beano, anyone have any advice?????

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just give it time, it's an adjustment to the additional fiber in the foods along with everything else, why you should make sure if you have an emergency supply of food that it's foods you actually eat, as during a crisis isn't the time to learn to eat / appreciate the dried beans etc you've stored.
  • melissarforlife
    melissarforlife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Beano works! Just sayn :)
  • ltcampbell
    Options
    I think your digestive system will get used to it. But, some veggies are gassier than others too. And, you don't want to eat too much fiber. Do a litter internet researching (or ask your doctor) and you should be able to find out a good amount of daily fiber for you. Asparagus and broccoli can be very gassy FYI. However, broccoli is one of the best veggies out there, as is spinach!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    just let it rip.. lol kidding, seriously though i think the above posts are all good advice, maybe for now you should try the beano but your body will get used to it
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I think your digestive system will get used to it. But, some veggies are gassier than others too. And, you don't want to eat too much fiber. Do a litter internet researching (or ask your doctor) and you should be able to find out a good amount of daily fiber for you. Asparagus and broccoli can be very gassy FYI. However, broccoli is one of the best veggies out there, as is spinach!
    Hmmm I am eating a ton of spinache since I like it and its healthy. I'm going to try the beano if I don't get a better suggestion. People have to live with me!
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    just let it rip.. lol kidding, seriously though i think the above posts are all good advice, maybe for now you should try the beano but your body will get used to it
    LOL!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about this too! After the first 5 days I feel back to normal though. You really do just have to get used to it =)
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    lol fades fast i was worried at first thought it could be worse to your social life than being fat lol
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    My tummy has been hurting since I switched back to 50%-60% raw fruits and veggies for my daily intake, but it's already better today than it was yesterday, so I guess I'm adjusting too :smile:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Embrace the art of crop dusting.
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Embrace the art of crop dusting.

:laugh: Love it...I read this whole thing on the etiquette of farting/pooping...it was great!
  • shellef30
    Options
    Ginger tea will stop gas! either fresh ginger cut into boiling water or buy the twinnings ginger and lemon tea