Greek Yoghurt

Options
Fat free or full fat?

Which do you eat? Do you like to omit the sugars or fat?

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I always get Fage 0%.

Just for the fact I think it tastes better and is lower in calories which means MORE volume in food for me.

It doesn't matter what you get. Whatever YOU like and think tastes the best.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% and I put honey in it. I tried the 2% version and was not a fan.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I go between Fage 0% and sometimes 2%. Less calls in the 0% like you said and I like to EAT more food so I prefer a less calorific one.

The full fat one almost tastes like cheese - a bit odd. But great for cooking.
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Yep 0% - great way to up my protein on days when I'm running out of calories.
  • jasminecoco
    jasminecoco Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    0% to eliminate extra sugar and fat.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I really like Dannon Light & Fit chocolate raspberry with sliced almonds and chia seeds.
    Like the full fat ones when I have the extra calories to spend.
  • sunnyskys2013
    sunnyskys2013 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I get the plain Fage 0%. I add stevia or honey, fresh or frozen berries , sometimes ground flax seeds and or raw sunflower seed. yummy.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Going over your fat or sugar won't hurt you at ALL unless you have medical issues, same thing with carbs and protein. All that matters is calories for weight loss.

However for cooking 0% always works best. I made a protein cheesecake once with the 2% and it came out taking like pure crap. I made a cake batter protein cheesecake last night with 0% and it's godly.
  • Vigilance88
    Vigilance88 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    0% for macros
    full fat for deliciousness
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% for eating, and I keep some 0% around for recipes or when I have a day where I need protein but don't have many calories left.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I get the fat free then add fat with almonds. Cocoa Roast almonds are excellent with the toasted coconut yogurt.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Fage Total 0% with Raspberry
  • dolcemaria81
    dolcemaria81 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I get fage plain greek yogurt because it has less sugar and I can make it taste better with fruit and granola. If I'm on the go I'll get Light & Fit Greek yogurt. It only has 7 grams of sugar.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    0%. I tried 2% because people said the fat would keep me full longer... nope. All it did is put me over my calories the days I had some, lol. Typically I eat it plain but sometimes I buy the fruit kind.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I like fage 2 percent plain I use my own fruit Apples, Banannas, rasphberries. I also enjoy it mixed in with my steel cut oats for breakfast. I know sounds awful but I like it. 0 Percent was just too bland for me. And i normally dont eat enough fat to begin with so I could use some.
  • Llamedos1960
    Options
    I love Fage but can't afford it :sad: so I get "Greek style" yoghurt from Aldi.

Always full fat, but that's because I have diabetes and try to keep carbs low and therefore need to get extra fat.

Edited to add that I eat it with ground flax seed for extra fibre (or fiber for our American friends).
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I always get full fat!
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    0% Fage is my favorite. It taste great & is really thick. I have tried Chobani and it is lacking big time!!
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I always get 2% because (1) I am always leery of things like fat-free yogurt, which is supposed to have fat in it, and (2) I want the fat to help absorb fat-soluble vitamins like vitamin D and calcium.
  • Memorableheart
    Memorableheart Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm. I love it! 0% here!