Best way to increase protein intake? (open diary!)

Options
2»

Replies

• KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Buy shredded tuna or chicken in the cans at your local walmart, drain the water from it, then mash it up using a fork or other utensil. Once done, mix it with mustard or some other low calories sauce (if you want), then eat it on a low carb starch.

I used to mix it with light mayo, and as long as you don't add too much this may be viable for you too.

They have shredded chicken in the cans?

Yes

$T2eC16NHJHQFFhyNzkFjBRziugL6,Q~~60_35.JPG

Funny thing is.....it smells like tuna when you open it
  • macrotracko
    macrotracko Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Starkist makes single-serve marinated tuna pouches. The lemon pepper one has 80 calories and 18g of protein and only 1g carbs. I toss them in soup, salad, whatever - or just eat them out of the pouch when I'm short of my goal.
  • Jps2380
    Jps2380 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I liked your reply to the person about increased protein. Would you mind looking at my diary and giving me your input? I set my exercise at sedentary but, I workout 3-4 day a week with The Firm dvd's which are pretty strenuous. I just joined at the ed of March but, have only lost 5 lbs. Thanks!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I liked your reply to the person about increased protein. Would you mind looking at my diary and giving me your input? I set my exercise at sedentary but, I workout 3-4 day a week with The Firm dvd's which are pretty strenuous. I just joined at the ed of March but, have only lost 5 lbs. Thanks!
    You should start you own thread instead of hijacking this one
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Buy shredded tuna or chicken in the cans at your local walmart, drain the water from it, then mash it up using a fork or other utensil. Once done, mix it with mustard or some other low calories sauce (if you want), then eat it on a low carb starch.

I used to mix it with light mayo, and as long as you don't add too much this may be viable for you too.

They have shredded chicken in the cans?

Yes

$T2eC16NHJHQFFhyNzkFjBRziugL6,Q~~60_35.JPG

Funny thing is.....it smells like tuna when you open it

Yah we have this available too..not bad with celery, onion, mayo, between bread.

As for protien my diary is open and I manage to get over my current goal of 120g...lots of lean meat, greek yogurt, eggs, cheese, milk etc.

I very rarely use powders, shakes or bars as a supplement.
  • Jps2380
    Jps2380 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This was my very first post and didn't realize that I was sending it to the general public, I was trying to reply to a specific person in the thread. You didn't have to be so rude.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    This was my very first post and didn't realize that I was sending it to the general public, I was trying to reply to a specific person in the thread. You didn't have to be so rude.
    How in any way, shape or form was my comment rude? You're the one trying to hijack someone elses thread, which is the ultimate form of rudeness.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options

Butthurt on the first post - that has to be a record lol
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Hi hun, you can check out my diary for ideas. I know I've been eating some chocolate lately, but that's life! I still feel like it's a good diary for you to look at for ideas on what to eat to maximize protein. Doing that is one of the most important things to a lifestyle change that will keep you lean. Good luck!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese (you can add fruits, granola, or other things to the mix)
    Yogurt (you can also add various fixings to this)
    Protein Powder
    Various meats (I like to put chicken on salad)
    Eggs
    Cheeses