Went from 165 to 121, now up to 125 and not losing =/

Options
Hey guys! This is my first time posting on here and I would LOVE some input and advice.
Long story short, a couple years ago I saw some pictures of myself and was not happy with the way I looked (or felt), so I decided to change my life around completely. Started eating healthier and working out daily. I went from weighing 165 down to 117 lbs. Over the past 1-2 years I've bounced around 117-121 (which was fine because I understand weight fluctuates daily). However, recently my weight has been creeping up and has jumped up to 125-127. I realize that's not a huge jump, but I'm short and have a small frame, so it's killing me.
I work out 6 days a week (sometimes twice a day). Currently, I kickbox for an hour a day and burn on average around 400-450 calories. I'm active most of the day (always running around doing something and don't do a lot of sitting around). I also do T25 a couple days a week (that's what I use as my 2nd workout if I do 2 in a day).
I'm consuming 1450-1500 calories a day. Over the last 3 months I've tried moving that number around (tried eating more around 1800 cals) (or brought the number down to 1300) and nothing seems to be working.
It's so frustrating because I feel almost defeated at this point. After being able to reach my goal weight of 117 and then bouncing back up to 127 without any success of getting back to that lower number is killing me.

Female age 22
height: 5'2
Current weight bounces around 125-127
Average calorie consumption: 1450-1500 cals
Exercise 6 days a week doing kickboxing burning 400-450 calories
Measure my food with a food scale (so I know how much I'm consuming and the number of calories)
..I also eat healthy, unprocessed foods (lean protein, lots of veggies, good fats, limited fruit, and only whole grains)
Anyone have any advice on what I could do?

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Replies

• ourglasswalls
    ourglasswalls Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It sounds weird, but you might just need a but more food. I know it sounds like you'd be going in reverse but it seems like you work out a lot. You body needs the fuel to get through that and everyday energy.
  • bubblestar17
    Options
    Just going to throw it out there that you have a pretty active lifestyle, and muscle gain is quite possible. I know when I dance 5-6 days a week I gain up to 5 pounds, and it's all muscle (via those cool body fat measure things).

I'm sure someone else will have a more educated response, but there's my two cents.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    IMO the number on the scale is not the barometer that you should be using. IMO the mirror is the best tool for measurement. If you like what you are seeing in the mirror then I wouldn't change it no matter what the number on the scale says.
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    One: quit stressing you are within a normal weight range for your hieght.
    Two: Might not be eating enough
    three: are you measuring correctly the right amount of calories for the food that you are eating. overestimating and underestimating are common mistakes.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Just going to throw it out there that you have a pretty active lifestyle, and muscle gain is quite possible.

I would not think that is the case here. To gain LMM you need to be in a caloric surplus and from what the OP is describing as her lifestyle, very active, and only consuming 1450-1500 cals a day this is prolly well into a caloric deficit. Cant build a structure without materials, aka calories, proteins, carbs, ect.
  • snisic1
    snisic1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I measure all of my food with a food scale, so I can't say that underestimating or overestimating is a problem.
    I try not to let the number on the scale bother me/influence me too much, but the problem is that I'm not happy with the way I currently look. That's not to say that I hate my body or that I hate the way I look. Losing 50+ lbs has taught me a lot about staying positive and loving my body the way it is at every stage of the process. However, I'm not satisfied with where I am.
    I guess I should've stated my goal a little bit better: my goal isn't to lose weight, my goal is to lose fat (if the scale goes up but the inches go down, I would be more than okay with that!) Even though I have a small frame, I'm pretty well built and have a good amount of muscle mass. What I'm struggling with is losing the extra fat so that I can look more defined.
    It just seems like no matter how strong my efforts have been, I haven't been able to move in the right direction.