Funniest back handed compliment

Options
racheldeherrera
racheldeherrera Posts: 12 Member
I gotta compliment, well sorta the other day.

'Wow, you look a lot better in person than in your pictures!' Uh, thanks, I guess.. lol

So it got me thinking, have any of you gotten a funny backhanded compliment?

Replies

• sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I've gotten basically the same one. I've been told I look younger in person than in my pictures. not only that, but when I start to speak, I sound even younger! okkaaayyyy.... do I look ancient in my pics or what??? lol!
  • JeniSue28
    JeniSue28 Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I once has someone at the office come up to be, squeeze by back fat and say "it not a squishy and I thought it would be"
  • sparklefly74
    sparklefly74 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    When my fiance and I first started dating he told me that he didn't care what other guys thought, he liked girls with small breasts like mine, not big ones like his ex (and I was a 34D at the time!!!).
  • crohnsfighter
    crohnsfighter Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    "Good seeing you at the gym! You could use it :) "

...I quickly responded with "Good seeing your mouth open, I could use it". Never saw their face in the gym again :)
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    JeniSue, I have a similar one.

After I started exercising a few years ago, my boyfriend was rubbing my back and he said, "I can tell that you've lost weight because I'm not moving as much stuff around."

I could not stop laughing.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    The only one I can remember is the oh-so-popular "you're so pretty since you've lost weight!"
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    "Wow you lost like 100 lbs!"

I lost just under 60 but I guess I looked fatter than I thought.
  • MelodyClark0425
    Options
    My husband told me the other day that he could tell that my butt was smaller. LOL
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    "Your *kitten* looks a lot nicer than when you dumped me."
    :huh: Douchekebab.
  • JeniSue28
    JeniSue28 Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    JeniSue, I have a similar one.

After I started exercising a few years ago, my boyfriend was rubbing my back and he said, "I can tell that you've lost weight because I'm not moving as much stuff around."

I could not stop laughing.

At least is was your boyfriend, not some person at the office. I was in shock and horrified that someone at the office would grab my back fat.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    "You've got a great *kitten*. You can get away with dumb." :laugh:
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I had a football coach tell me “You’re not as dumb as you look” because I knew my blocking assignments on every play.
  • Ronni66
    Ronni66 Posts: 43
    Options
    .." Some guys think fat girls are pretty ". WTF? Also, not a back handed compliment..but i told someone that I am losing weight because I am fat. they said " you're not fat! " . I tilted my head and went..." really? do you NOT see me right now? " sometimes being nice is just insulting lol
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    "Damn your nimble for a fat guy."
  • countcalories1987
    Options
    lol I don't even know how I would have responded to that one
  • odwall
    odwall Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of 'for a girl' compliments. Your pretty strong/tough for a girl.
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    "You are really muscular for a girl, you must have a testosterone imbalance - would be a great female wrestler or rugby player"