The Laughing Cow cheese recipes?

Options
ladylambeau
ladylambeau Posts: 38 Member
I love all the laughing cow cheese wedges... and there are so many flavors now! I typically think of them in the standard cheese-on-a-cracker way... how do you guys use them or incorporate them into recipes?

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I put them on a toasted bagel instead of cream cheese, or on a sandwhich in place of mayo :)
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Love Love Love the laughing cow. They have basically replaced butter for me.

I love using it on my toast (silver hills) with a poached egg on top. I will have it with a bagel as the spread with a big pile of baby spinach in between. They are really good on apples too. I typically only purchase the plain ones though.
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    For lunch I am having Flatout light italian, laughing cow queso fresco & chipotle and turkey!! YUM!!!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    OMG I love that stuff!!
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I use this recipe:

http://www.emilybites.com/2011/08/buffalo-chicken-bites.html

BUT, I replace the cream cheese with 4-5 wedges of Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese.

DELUXE.
  • tweedledee16
    tweedledee16 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I did garlic, 2 laughing cow light swiss wedges, and 1/8 cup of milk to make a cheese sauce for asparagus last night!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Breakfast! turkey sausage patty, laughing cow, and a poached egg!
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I use it to make a quick chicken salad. 1 can of chicken, diced onion, 2 wedges of French Onion Laughing Cow and throw in some halved cherry tomatoes, add some sliced almonds too! Yum. I've been thinking about trying it with Tuna also.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Not exactly a recipe but I like to put it in my wraps. Turkey+whole wheat tortilla+red pepper Laughing cow+spinach+red peper is pretty awesome.
  • debants
    debants Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I melt it over nice hot pasta, with fresh herbs - taste like a rich cheesy pasta sauce but its not
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I guy the original, then use 2 parts cheese to one part plain greek yogurt. Then, add all the yummy fresh herbs and throw it in a food processor. It makes an amazing herb dip!!
  • SHINDY12
    SHINDY12 Posts: 53
    Options
    bump
  • sparklefly74
    sparklefly74 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow, all of those ideas sound so good. When I had a job I would take them to work and put them on wheat thins or something like that for a snack. I guess I need to expand my mind.
  • maxydak1
    maxydak1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    www.hungry-girl.com has a billion recipes using this stuff, she loves it. I especially like using it to make cauliflower mashies (mashed potato substitute), which is one of Hungry Girl's recipes. They are sooo good and you can eat a huge amount.
  • Someonegreat37
    Someonegreat37 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mix it with tuna for tuna salad - I usually add chopped up bell pepper, then put that on top of actual salad (greens) with feta cheese , raisins and balsamic vinegar...in fact I am having this for lunch right now. Yummm
  • Zhryla
    Zhryla Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl is awesome! I take a wheat tortilla spread one wedge of the Laugh cow cheese on it and then top it with some boiled shredded chicken and salsa or just a little pizza sauce and bake it. Super good and got it from the huge Hungry Girl cookbook.
  • scole1008
    scole1008 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I made this recipe up, its soo easy and good!
    Take the garlic and herb small wedge place in microwave just to soften it up a little then spread on chicken breast and put some french's fried onions on top and bake in the oven at 400 for 20 minutes.
  • Candlelite89
    Options
    bump!
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I put them on a toasted bagel instead of cream cheese, or on a sandwhich in place of mayo :)

They have a cinnamon cream cheese now (at my grocery, it's with the cream cheese, not the rest of the Laughing Cow), and it's amazing!
  • waluouija
    waluouija Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Have you tried this?

http://greenlitebites.com/2013/08/23/blueberry-breakfast-quesadilla/#_a5y_p=985906

It's a little messy, but it's delicious.