New member that needs a lot of help

Options
dsl24
dsl24 Posts: 3 Member
Hi! I am 21 years old from Ohio. I am a college student and also have a full-time job. I have been overweight my whole life and most of my family also struggles with weight issues. A couple years ago I was diagnosed with Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome which makes weight loss even more of a struggle. I never thought that I would weigh over 300 pounds, but here I am. I am in need of loosing weight badly. I love to work out, but I just cannot get my eating under control. Fast food is my weakness. It does not help when I spend an hour at the gym, but stop at McDonald's on my way home. Sometimes I feel like I cannot control it and I need to figure out how. I have always seen this site, but never got involved much. I am hoping that maybe this will give me the motivation to stay with it and work hard. Any support and tips would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you

Replies

• gunshyangel78
    gunshyangel78 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    request sent!
  • rosea1985
    rosea1985 Posts: 19
    Options
    request sent x
  • Hlthy4MeNow
    Hlthy4MeNow Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Request sent!
  • ChrissNC
    ChrissNC Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey girl,

I was an emotional eater and started by saying to myself "does my body need that or does my mind/mood want it?" My mind was tricky and tried to chomp down on all those fast food things, too, I know darn well that my body does not want a 10 McNuggets and fries! It has been a year or so and the thought of fast food is kinda gross now!

Start by making one small change and ask yourself "why do you want to eat this right now?"

:happy:
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Immediately change your thought process.. DO NOT think of this change you have made up your mind to undergo as "starting a diet" WHAT you want is a lifestyle change.. and for that to occur the motivation MUST come from inside... you have to change EVERYTHING you are to become the person you want to see in the mirror... count calories... and for the next while try to pay attention to your macros... and be very forgiving of yourself... BUT don't use that forgiveness as an excuse to indulge or binge...

stay within your calorie goal... and be realistic... start slow... set your self up for loosing about 1lb/week... and get active... walk and move... 3 meals a day and 2 snacks... baby carrots will be your best friend... AND always start with Breakfast...

remember you rcurrent physical state didn't occur overnight... be patient... take your time... read the boards... and educate yourself...

GOOD luck!!! an dfind supportinve friends that are active here.(not me though...just kidding if you like send a frined request... I rarely turn down a friend... and if you do frined me.. check my blog for a little motivation.
  • keytostart
    keytostart Posts: 7
    Options
    Let's do this together!