What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
Hey everyone, I just reached my goal and am trying to maintain, I want to know what you eat for breakfast so I can get an opinion :)

Replies

• cosmic55
    cosmic55 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been having a protein shake for breakfast - vega protein smoothy or the vega all in one... I also add chia seeds to them and/or some fruit...
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Depends..sometimes a pop tart, banana, and chocolate milk

Other times, 3 scrambled eggs and orange juice

And in desperate times 2 egg mcmuffins, 2 breakfast burritos and 2 hash browns from McDonald's
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, granola, banana
    eggs & toast
    fruit and toast with peanut butter
    oatmeal
    omelet
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    i usually eat cereal for loads of carbs and most of a day's worth of fiber. plus it's fast!
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    I'm not a big breakfast eater, so I usually grab something on the go on weekdays - usually a quest bar or a kind bar. On weekends I love to do a brunchey salad or a homemade breakfast sandwich. Last but not least, every day also gets a giant cup of coffee to wash it down haha
  • Dube11
    Dube11 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I like making homemade breakfast sandwiches on workout days. English muffin, sausage patty, and egg. Yummmm.

Usually it's just orange juice and chia seeds.
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Protein shake, two free range eggs, and one apple.
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Every morning I eat 2 bananas, 1 apple, 2 dates and soy protein powder all combined into a shake.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is almost always the same

omelet made of
    184 g egg whites
    28g cheddar cheese
    50g each broccoli, onion, bell pepper

plus
    1 slice bacon
    3-4 cups coffee
    1 T heavy whipping cream in the coffee

It's around 350-400 calories for all that food, plenty of filling fats and proteins, and lots of variety.
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    On mornings I don't work out

Either
    2 Hard Boiled Eggs, Cheese String or baby bel cheese and a piece or cup of fruit
    or
    Nature Path Cereal with Almond Milk and a cup of fruit

On Mornings I work out I eat the above but with a protein smoothie and that is where my fruit is instead of me eating it on its own.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    What YOU should have for breakfast will depend on how many calories you get at maintenance (TDEE), and when you prefer your calories. Do you prefer to have 3 big meals, 3 medium and a snack or two, or 6 smaller ones? Do you prefer to have most of your calories in the morning or in the evening? Or all spread out?

I prefer a small breakfast, a medium lunch, and a big dinner most days with a tiny snack and sometimes a small dessert. This means that I like 2-300 cals for breakfast most days.

Black coffee +
    - 2 mini-quiches (~260 cals) I premake these. The can be refrigerated or frozen. I use a whole egg and some spinach in each and change up the type of cheese depending on mood, but something like this: http://www.dinner-mom.com/ham-quiche-cups/
    - 1 boiled egg and a low cal (106 cals for 25g protein) protein shake made with almond milk (295 cals)
    - 2 eggs with a little spinach and feta (or two boiled) with a piece of toast, half an english muffin, a tortilla, or a third egg. (~250)
    - a "higher cal" protein shake or 2 scoops of a lower cal one. I use syntha six peanut butter which has the macros of a meal replacement type shake) (~200 cal)
    - a protein fiber bar and a piece of fruit (200-250)
    - Weight control instant oatmeal (~150 cal)
    - leftovers
    - greek yogurt and fruit sometimes with pudding mix to make it cheesecake like (150-250)
  • tdotgirl
    tdotgirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I eat 4 hard boiled egg whites with spinach, onion, garlic and cayenne pepper in olive oil every morning
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Usually 3 eggs, 2 bacon and some french toast.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    coffee and bacon for first breakfast.

some kind of carb for second breakfast.

I've alway eaten two since as long as I can remember.
  • supermysza
    supermysza Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Porridge :)
  • buket1819
    buket1819 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Do you think eating 2 eggs is good, or is one egg enough?
  • kjtaylor59
    kjtaylor59 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, strawberries, granola. Most days. Once a week oatmeal, once a week a bacon egg cheese on English muffin.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You should eat all of your calories in whatever way you see fit. Maintenance isn't so much about specific foods, just eat the right number of calories and try to hit your macros/micros.

Personally I usually eat some kind of baked goods (scone, banana bread, etc), some fruit and some protein.
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Since breakfast is usually after workout, I have 1/2 grapefruit, old fashioned oats, 3 poached eggs.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Do you think eating 2 eggs is good, or is one egg enough?

Impossible to say. Depends on the rest of your day and whether your calorie goal is reasonable.