If I Can't Actually Look Skinny, What's the Point?

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Girl... it's all in the angles. For what it's worth, you look like a mesomorph to me - a body type with endless possibilities as long as you accept that you aren't going to suddenly have the bone structure and fat distribution of an ectomorph.

laughing.gif

legit lawls

I mean... I wasn't tryyyying to be funny. Did I say something wrong or is the idea of body type changing just naturally funny?

Kinda like... ya, everyone can have thigh gap, all we need is for our hips to re-align. No worries, right?

Somatypes are widely discredited and not based on science.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I always tell fat people, forget having a high self image, you are disgusting and need to shed weight.

Yeah, I am sure that this approach works wonders.

Cool story.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I always tell fat people, forget having a high self image, you are disgusting and need to shed weight.

You on the other hand are not obese, and you just need to have a higher self image. - what you should do is smile at yourself everytime you look in the mirror - guarantee you will be more attractive, and will begin to find yourself more attractive.

Well. You probably won't last long here.

Real peach, that one.
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I have the same issues. I have a ginormous bone structure. My shoulders are so wide that some of the dresses that my boyfriend has bought me over the years fit my waist and hips, but can't button at the top. And it's not my bust--I barely fill a B cup.

I also wish I were "thin" and "petite", etc.

People that actually see me in person say "You want to be under 140??? That's insane--you'd be a skeleton." (I'm 5'8 and 160 right now).

I know what you mean about th eboyfriend. I've seen pictures of my bf's exes and they're all "small" framed and feminine. It is depressing.

All we can do is be the best "us" possible. If he didn't think you were sexy he wouldn't be with you!!!!
  • macrotracko
    macrotracko Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Try lifting and eating more protein instead of just low cal with cardio/swimming. You could have a lot of visceral fat (inside, in between organs, not the stuff just under your skin) that is causing you to feel wide - particularly in the rib area. A lower body fat % will get you closer to what you're looking for. Cardio and calorie restriction alone will raise body fat % by reducing lean body mass (muscle), leading to a looser, curvier form. And no, you won't get bulky or ripped.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

You on the other hand are not obese, and you just need to have a higher self image. - what you should do is smile at yourself everytime you look in the mirror - guarantee you will be more attractive, and will begin to find yourself more attractive.

What you should do is find a nearby fire and jump in.

Yep. I brought the matches.

Aaaaaaaannnndd GO!

giphy.gif
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

He says he wants to evolve into a better man...evolving takes a long time...unless you're a Metapod, they evolve into a Butterfree after only 3 levels! It's crazy!
  • chantellelouise03
    Options
    You probably do look much more like the first PIC its not that shes super skinny I'm nearly overweight but my ribs and hips show a little when I lie down, try it lol
    You look slim to me your lucky to have curves and a flat stomach
    You have no where near Kim's waist to hip ratio I guess you could work out to build a bigger *kitten* but from the front your hips are narrow.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You are 27, who cares what other people like, accept you for who you are and the rest do from health or performance.
    But if that is you in the profile pics you may want to look into Body dysmorphic disorder
  • MismatchedAlmonds
    MismatchedAlmonds Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You need help. And your are 27, so grow up too.....

Someone get this woman a certificate of achievement for least amount of empathy ever. *slow clap*
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Oh, and if you're contemplating dumping your boyfriend, you should probably just go ahead and do it. No one likes to be with somebody whose heart is only half in the relationship.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    ...if you have issues with possibly looking like Kim Kardashian...get help.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Karma is always quite creative. Keep in touch. I'd like to see how it works on you.
  • koosorlose
    koosorlose Posts: 186
    Options
    Loving yourself should ALWAYS come first. Only then can you be happy and lose weight for the right reasons.
  • pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Short women often have smaller body frames. You may never get the perfect body you want, but you need to be happy with the one you have. I think you look great.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    not feeding into this...there are other places you can troll for complements

+1
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Girl... it's all in the angles. For what it's worth, you look like a mesomorph to me - a body type with endless possibilities as long as you accept that you aren't going to suddenly have the bone structure and fat distribution of an ectomorph.

laughing.gif

legit lawls

I mean... I wasn't tryyyying to be funny. Did I say something wrong or is the idea of body type changing just naturally funny?

Kinda like... ya, everyone can have thigh gap, all we need is for our hips to re-align. No worries, right?
    body types have been proven to be bunk. sure some people have slightly faster metabolisms than others but it all comes down to overeating or not

I didn't really mean it in the Sheldon classification sense (though I guess if you use the words you have to accept all of the scientific history that goes along with them). I was really just using a semantic shortcut to say that OP is not particularly bottom heavy or hippy and that her inherited skeletal frame & body composition in no way pre-dispose her to looking one way or another. She seems to have a pretty average frame. I don't accept that body type determines personality or body fat percentage -- but genetic factors do determine where the fat you have is distributed and your underlying skeletal frame.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    i actually like your front facing pics better then your side ones
  • SeahorseDolphin
    Options
    You genuinely need to seek help. That is not a healthy outlook. No motivation is going to help you.
  • MismatchedAlmonds
    MismatchedAlmonds Posts: 90 Member
    Options

Yep. I brought the matches.

Aaaaaaaannnndd GO!

giphy.gif

Ok, that made me feel a bit better. I'm amazed at how unsympathetic and straight up cruel people can be. At least a few posters were civil enough to simply say "I'm not participating."
This discussion has been closed.