What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• nheilweil
    nheilweil Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I really like to scramble up 1 whole egg for the taste and nutrition and mix it up with loads of egg whites for the extra no cholesterol protein and then mix in loads of yummy veggies for all their nutrition -- after all calories & macros are not all equal (white bread vs. kale, for instance). But yeah, as others have said, "enough" is relative to the rest of your day.
  • adamhealey1
    Options
    Currently dieting for a show but in the offseason
    6 egg whites 2 yolks
    cereal/oats
    protein shake
    banana
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with brown sugar, PB2, and cinnamon - made with almond milk. On lifting days I have my protein shake about 30 minutes before breakfast, so there's that too.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I rotate between an english muffin with PB or oatmeal made with almond milk, raisins, cinnamon, and a little brown sugar. I've been doing this for so long and I haven't gotten sick of either one yet!
  • ItsJustBeka
    ItsJustBeka Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been making a super yummy fried egg sandwich!!!

Whole wheat toast
    Pepper jack cheese
    Onion slice
    Horseradish sauce
    Pan fried turkey lunch meat
    Fried egg and a hearty drizzle of sriracha :)

comes out to about 300 calories!
  • diggerjcb1966
    Options
    Porridge with Agave syrup.
  • hush404
    hush404 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    All over the place. I like toasted bread products (bagels, english muffins, bread etc etc) and peanut butter a lot. Sometimes its shakes, cereal, fruits and so on.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been on an overnight oats kick, but usually I opt for 3 fried eggs and a piece of toast, along with coffee. :smile:
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Black coffee with 2 stevia sweeteners, 12 Blueberry Wheats (roughly 22grams), 25ml of skimmed milk and a glass of water.

My mid-morning snack is a Clementine and it fills me up lovely!

Kaela x
  • Dtchoat
    Dtchoat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bacon N More Omelet = 264 Calories

1 Large Whole Egg
    3 Large Egg Whites
    3 Strips of Pre-cooked Bacon
    ½ Cup Mushrooms Chopped
    ½ Cup Sweet Peppers Chopped
    1/8 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Crack egg into mixing bowl, and separate egg whites into same bowl. Beat until well mixed. Coat a medium skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place on medium heat.
    Cook bacon per package instructions.
    Pour egg mix into skillet, and allow cooking almost all the way through.
    Place mushrooms, peppers, and bacon in middle of eggs. Fold egg over filling, and allow cooking for a couple more minutes. Turn omelet over and allow finishing cooking until done.
    Place omelet on plate and sprinkle cheese over top of omelet. Enjoy!
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i get up so early for work that I tend to eat on the way. I like the Power bar Triple threat type bars. About 220-250 cal's. Power bar has expanded greatly from the days of old. These are granola and lots of other stuff.
  • rabksaj
    rabksaj Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i love porridge thats all i like to have in the morning. A cup full of oats so simple with 300ml of almond milk with two tsp honey. Green tea with sweetners. Total calories just over 400.
  • SunnyYakimaniac
    SunnyYakimaniac Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can lose or maintain weight with those breakfasts???
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    You can lose or maintain weight with those breakfasts???

Of course!
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    A veggie burger or a sliced turkey on sandwhich thins. Sometimes I'll have an english muffin with hummus and turkey.
  • kaybristow01
    kaybristow01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    4 egg whites, 1 whole egg, spinach, mushrooms & tomatoes nomnom
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast.....
    Don't eat til around 1pm, after my workout
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Normal breakfast is egg beaters and something else. I throw in mixed vegetables, bacon, leftovers, whatever. Its normally 200 to 300 calories. I'v noticed that I have a better day if I get about 300 calories at breakfast.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    My breakfast varies from just a cup of tea to a 900+ calorie feast depending on the day.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I eat greens and eggs often. Maybe a potatoe made into oven steak fries. Maybe stone ground oatmeal with fruit instead. Sometimes a smoothie.