Day 1: 50 lbs to go

Options
Hi everyone. I'm a 46 year old male, about 270 lbs standing as near to 6'-2" as makes no difference.

I lead what could (should) be called a sedentary life. My work has me sitting at a desk the overwhelming majority of the time. My home-life, while speckled with the occasional trip to Planet Fitness for a walk on the t'readmill, is mostly non-active as well.

For the next 7 days, all I want to do is track my food here, whether I "Work Out" or not. After that, the plan is to track calories burned as well.

About me: I'm getting married in less than three weeks to the lovely Ms. Kadoober (who can be found on this very site!). My long term goal weight is 220 lbs, though I have no idea if that's the ultimate target, a stop along the way or if it'd be overshooting the mark, really, I just want to be 'normal sized' again.

Replies

• Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hurray! :heart:

And also :flowerforyou:
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Any groom of Kadoober is a groom of mine. Pal. I mean pal.
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on starting! A year from now you will be glad you started today.
  • happynunn
    happynunn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    :happy: hi Rimshott , your fiancee is pleased you've joined I see lol. As a fairly newbie myself ,welcome . I am so glad I joined here,its so easy to use,lots of nice folk, the biggest calorie database i've seen on a site and free !
    I did use a very similar site ,that I also loved and lost 28lb with them..sadly there database of foods was too american for me ;Im from the uk and found i had to add foods a lot;however they do have an amazing arsenal of exercise and health videos,information etc.
    Anyway I found this place and want to loose another 32lb hopefully by christmas ,1st goal is 16lb by september.
    I look forward to seeing your journey and the wedding pics :)
    best wishes :happy: '
  • Rimshot777
    Rimshot777 Posts: 4
    Options
    Wedding Pics! S#!T, we were supposed to find a photographer, weren't we?
  • Rimshot777
    Rimshot777 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks! A year from now seems very far away.
  • MrsJerryWarner
    Options
    Congratulations on your pending marriage! So exciting :) You can do anything you set your mind to. Best of luck on this journey! This journey Ive been on....oh for the 300th time. lol But Im not a quitter and thats all that matters. Look forward to seeing wedding pics!!
  • AshleySDJ
    AshleySDJ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!
  • Wiley285
    Wiley285 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    50 pounds is very realistic, but I suspect you might need to find a way to exercise, though. MyFitnessPal is a great tool. I'm sure you will find that the mere act of having to record your food will make you far more aware of what you are eating. I still eat anything I want, but am far less likely to add on helpings. I'm down 28 pounds in just over 4 months. I go to the gym almost every day for at least a session of cardio. I also have worked in sit-ups because when the belly is gone I want to have at least some definition. I started out at 15 sit-ups and now do 100 most days. The plus in doing exercise is that it increases the amount of calories you can take in. I have a glass of wine or a cocktail most every night. I eat dessert from time to time. I probably could do that if I didn't exercise. I've also taken to listening to novels while I exercise. That way, I get an hour of "reading" in every day. If I'm listening to a good book, I find that I want to work out longer. When I have the time, I do it just to hear more of the story. The Audible app, like MyFitnessPal, is free and easy to use. The books are cheaper if you buy a subscription. One more note: I was using the app for a couple months before I bothered to check the Nutrition tab. Great info. It really reveals where you might have problems with your diet, from a nutritional perspective. Good luck!
  • PrincessPeacock
    PrincessPeacock Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :) I love this thread, love is in the air ♥♥♥ Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!!!
  • KendraKent94
    Options
    Congratulations on the marriage! You can do whatever you put your mind to, good luck! :)
  • Kadoober
    Options
    :) I love this thread, love is in the air ♥♥♥ Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!!!

<3 Thanks!

Wiley, I like the way you think!

Mr. Shot has been known to listen to books on tape while excersisng as well :)
  • Kadoober
    Options
    Thanks! A year from now seems very far away.

A little over a year ago, we moved in together, 'member?

Feels like about 20 minutes ago.