HAVE YOU EVER WENT OVER YOUR CALORIE GOAL?

Options
Have you ever went over your calorie goal? Cheat day? Over ate? Wasn't paying attention? What happened to cause you to go over, and how did you react? What did you do the next day to make sure it wouldn't happen again?

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I blew up.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Went over today, knew I was going to go over prior to having dinner and dessert, enjoyed every bite of it... logged it and moved on. Oh and took pictures of all the deliciousness!
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Usually happens once a week. Honestly since MFP builds in a deficit, going over occasionally won't kill your goals. Just recover the next day. If you're WAAY over (say 1000 calories or more) then you want to take stock of what you did wrong and try not to do it again (at least that same week) :D
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Zero reaction....this is a lifestyle change and things happen. Your body fat does not tell time in 24 increments, it's about the overall picture. Now binging over goal, I have no idea because I do not suffer from that condition. The next day is a new day, I also pay more attention to my week goal.
  • koogabah
    koogabah Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is the path to the dark side.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I turned purple and starting singing La Marseillaise backwards.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    A little too often lately. Not crazy over mind you, but...Tommorow's a new day
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    pfft - weekly at least
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    Just once, and I'm still paying for it 54 years later.
  • rak173
    rak173 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    About 1-2 times a week. Sometimes it is due to a cheat day. Mostly it is because I get lazy with logging, these usually stay within 300 calories of my goal. I don't focus too much on those sort of days..just keep on going and stay to my plan and goals.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Treat the next day as a new day.

"I failed a test once in college, but I still got my degree."
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Yep
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    I went over once, on Easter, by like 200 calories. Hasn't happened again since.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    You remember the blueberry scene in the original Willy Wonka? It was kinda like that.
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Of course! I was hungry. I eat when I'm hungry - some days I'm hungrier than others. I figure that's my body telling me it needs food. Some days I'm under because I'm less hungry. No big deal.
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Oh, heavens, yes. But look, if my goal is still 500 or 1000 below what I estimate I'm burning, I'm still on the losing side. Next day, I may come in 100 calories under. It's all good (as long as I don't go over much).
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if I'm hungry. If I'm not, I don't. Either way I'm still in a deficit from my maintenance calories, so why stress about it?
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    All the time, no big deal.
  • PurpleCupcakes01
    Options
    I don't stress about but I make sure I log every calorie. Sometimes seeing how many calories I consumed motivates me not to do it again.