What is your biggest struggle?

Options
My biggest struggle seems to be getting over late night snacking. It seems like the harder I try to resist it, the worse I fail. I love to work out and I eat pretty well up until dinner time, then after that, I tend to blow the whole day :(

Replies

• anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Choose your snacks wisely! Celery sticks are my best friend.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    My biggest struggle is finding the strength in me to keep on truckin' when I see a gain on the scale, or when I see no loss.
  • kericarey
    Options
    chocolate! Definetly chocolate. I bought some chocolate pudding that has only 60 calories in it and it seems to be doing the trick, but the grocery store line or gas station has been kind of difficult. I just have to say no! and keep walking.
  • sourapple99
    sourapple99 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    craving for something sweet thats my weakness............i chew gum it helps a bit!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    mine is actually sleeping at night, because I like watching tv, it's in there, and i cant move it out. we watch our dvds in there because hubby cant get it hooked up to the living room tv, haha. i feel like im missing something. haha. wish i were like hubby, he lays down, if he makes it past 5 minutes i am shocked and wonder whats wrong with him. i thankfully dont get up and eat, but im tired in the morning and dont want to exercise, so i am trying.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Mine is late-night snacking, too. I will do AWESOME all day long. Then my husband comes home and since he's not dieting he will just eat whatever he wants, all evening. And then I want what he has, and then I will blow an entire day of disciplined eating. ERGH. It's definitely a learning process. Some days I will be fine. Just keep at it. We'll beat this thing!
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have several weaknesses, but I'd have to say my biggest struggle is maintaining my weight after I've hit my goal. I have a hard time sticking to my eating and excersize rountines when I don't have that reward of weight lost and I tend to get angry that I can't have what I want and do what I want whenever I want (not too good w/ moderation in either direction). I'm about there and I've been much "looser" with my diet so hopefully I can get through it this time.
    Here's to a true "life" change!:drinker:
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Mine would have to be exercising. I don't have a problem doing it... Its just getting up and getting started. Once I get started I'm fine. Get it done no prob. :)
  • nebraskadan
    Options
    Beer is my worst enemy. I love it so very much.
  • FitWithMae
    FitWithMae Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Coffee can't seem to drink it black and need it to function. I don't use sugar but I love flavored creamers!!! Also find myself running to the Tim Hortons, or Starbucks drive-thru all the time!
  • sshruff1
    Options
    Mine is actually getting to my goal calories. I eat all day long but it's all so low in calories that by the time I go to bed, I'm still at 900 net calories. I can't eat anymore. I don't want to put myself in starvation mode but I literally have something in my mouth all day long.
  • jboysdontcryp
    Options
    The motivation to work out is my biggest struggle. Since I am in college, have two jobs, and I have obligations to a radio station in which I volunteer at 10 hours a week, I am usually very tired by the time I have a second to go work out, when in high school I use to swim 2-4 miles every day, six days a week. When I finally get the motivation up to go swimming, I am disappointed in myself that I cannot comfortably swim even a mile anymore and it is discouraging. Lately I have been trying to do less intensive work outs, and something that makes me feel relaxed and good about myself, like yoga. But I know I owe it to my body so I try even just to do 10 or 15 minutes here or there. I also have a very difficult time waking up before 7:30 in order to give myself a quality half hour to do some small exercises.
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    I love the flavored creamer as well, but have been using the sugar free ones since it is a lot less calories :)
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have two struggles. Late night eating and also working out. I'm lucky that we have a group at work that work out 3 times a week. Starting next week. I was doing the 2 times a week. Good luck to everyone beating their 'beast'!
  • Novaemberraine
    Options
    mine is the lack of desire to work out. i can change my eating habits all i want, i wont c the results i want till i get up n break a sweat.
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    Chocolate and beer and moderation are also struggles of mine, I guess that is why I am the weight I am :(
  • FitWithMae
    FitWithMae Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love the flavored creamer as well, but have been using the sugar free ones since it is a lot less calories :)

Yup I get those when they are available. But for the most part they only seem to come in French Vanillia and there are so mannyyyyy other delicious flavors lol. a quarter of my calories belong to coffee in the day I swear...never ending struggle.
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My biggest struggle seems to be getting over late night snacking. It seems like the harder I try to resist it, the worse I fail. I love to work out and I eat pretty well up until dinner time, then after that, I tend to blow the whole day :(

Ditto! :(
  • Lyndzo
    Lyndzo Posts: 142
    Options
    My struggle is that I'm a very picky eater. I know there's lots of things that are good for me (like seafood - couldn't pay me a million dollars to eat it) but I just won't eat them.
  • msmagic
    msmagic Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to stay on track when I feel I am not getting anywhere. I have lost weight before and know I need to just stick with it. Its not always easy though when work colleagues are eating treats.. I have to just get my blinkers on and remember than Christmas is over and I dont want to be carrying the baggage round until the summer.