Ideas for rewards?

Options
Hi. I am at the start of my weight loss journey (again!!) but I'm trying to take baby steps and focus on each 5-7lbs at a time.

I think it would be a good idea to have little mini rewards for each chunk of weight lost, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what the rewards could be? I'd love to hear what you think and hopefully there'll be a lovely long list to choose from!

Replies

• Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    For me my clothes getting looser is a huge reward, and maybe someday I'll actually look forward to shopping for clothes!!
    I have some mini-goal I haven't put in this site, including my birthday, my anniversary and next Thanksgiving -- at which time I will enjoy a guilt-free splurge meal, but I think mostly rewards should be non-food.
    I've also seen people use things like pedicures and manicures, spa days, or salon day (new hair do), things like that which make you feel good about yourself and pamper yourself. I've also seen people who put a dollar amount away for each pound loss and save that up for something they want.
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I really like Prana clothing so I use their wishlist function and I put the things I like in the wishlist and then buy something off of there. Most places have an online wish list where you can put the items you want and you can just pick something out of your wishlist every time you reach a goal.
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have certain goal weights that I have a new piece of clothing as a reward. I love the idea of the putting money away to buy new things for each pound lost. I might use that. Also maybe a movie out (no snacks!). Have fun with it and reward yourself! Good Luck!
  • tvalk79
    tvalk79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm am first going to reward myself for beginning the process - if I log all my food this week and meet my exercise goal I am getting a manicure - regardless of what the scale says. I am going to set this goal for myself for the first three weeks ( I read it takes 21 days to create a habit and I think tracking is the most important first step for me)

rewards I may use down the road
    pedicures
    massages
    facial
    basically anything that can happen at a spa

buying new workout clothes - because when we start to lose weight it's more fun to go the gym in something cute instead of hiding under baggy t-shirts and sweats

splurge and sign up for a class at the yoga studio I've been saying I want to go to

Sexy lingerie- because i know my bra size will be the first thing to change!!

also, for those of us with significant others or kids - let's enlist their help for rewards - like having your husband agree to take the kids for the afternoon while you take a bubble bath and read a good book (or whatever your pleasure is) in peace and quiet - rewards can be done on a budget!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    My guy came up with a good one for me... he bought some gift cards! He got some department store cards, that way I can reward myself with new clothes when I need/earn them. I still have one more size to go in the closet, so in another 20 pounds or so I will need to go shopping. In the mean time he gave me an Amazon.com certificate for the 50 pounds I have lost since my high weight (8 more than when I started MFP). So I can get what ever I like or need. I haven't use any of them yet though, still have some closet shopping going on.

Edit: speeling :ohwell: