Bad things that have happened since I starting losing weight

Options

Replies

• Calamitycazza
    Calamitycazza Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    1. I cant drink as much as I used too (alcohol)
    2. I wasn't getting enough vitamins so my hair started falling out
    3. My mattress hurts my rib cage as there is much less fat on me
    4. My clothes are too big for me
    5. When I look in the mirror, I still don't feel happy with my body even though I've lost 27 lbs

Other than that, it's all good :)
  • carolinetayloruk
    carolinetayloruk Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    1. I'm now a complete lightweight when it comes to drinking (this upsets me no end as i was famed for my drinking ability)
    2. My boobs now resemble fried eggs
    3. I talk to the gym instructors more often then i talk to some of my friends.
    4. I have no idea what suits my new bodyshape, all the clothing styles that i used to wear don't suit me anymore. I now spend even longer trying on clothes then i used to
    5. I am going on a girly midweek break away next week and have googled a running route by my hotel as one of the days falls on my regular gym days and the thought of not gettting a workout in, kinda makes me panic a little. Previous breaks away would have me googling the closest bars to the hotel so we didn't have to far to walk before the first drink!
  • carolinetayloruk
    carolinetayloruk Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    1. I'm now a complete lightweight when it comes to drinking (this upsets me no end as i was famed for my drinking ability)
    2. My boobs now resemble fried eggs
    3. I talk to the gym instructors more often then i talk to some of my friends.
    4. I have no idea what suits my new bodyshape, all the clothing styles that i used to wear don't suit me anymore. I now spend even longer trying on clothes then i used to
    5. I am going on a girly midweek break away next week and have googled a running route by my hotel as one of the days falls on my regular gym days and the thought of not gettting a workout in, kinda makes me panic a little. Previous breaks away would have me googling the closest bars to the hotel so we didn't have to far to walk before the first drink!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Manatee-Face-bump_zps8016ea67.gif
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Jealousy! Is no one else dealing with this? I would love to hear how you are dealing with it.

Tell them thanks and remind them of what they are doing well. I also offer help. Once ppl see how much work I do, they shut up.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I can no longer buy clothes at Costco.. All the pants/jeans sizes start at 32 and up. Sometimes 30, but I need 29 (down from size 38). And that's not all. At the department store I am having to buy clothes at the teen section. How embarrassing.

I am constantly cold. It is a war zone over the thermostat in my house.

I fly a lot. My *kitten* is sore about 1 hour into a flight and I am miserable.

On a positive note, life is GOOD!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    All my nice work clothes are too big and I can't afford new ones because I've spent all my money on weights, boxing gloves, gym and studio memberships, hula hoops, and so on. So I have to go to work in my snug t-shirts and skinny jeans, and the guys are perennially surprised when I display intelligence.

I keep tons of snacks in my cubicle for my active days... This greatly increases the probability of rats camping out in our workspace (and makes the aforementioned guys think I'm kind of a piggy).

I have bruises on my shins from deadlifting... Bruises on my knees and hips from hula hooping... Bruises on my arms and neck from Krav Maga... I'm just waiting for the day when somebody refers me to a domestic violence shelter.

I waste far too much time in the mornings flexing my arms in front of the mirror when I should be getting ready for work.

I pretty much always have some body part that's sore.

And I'm loving it. :smile:
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm....I have a few

1.) my new clothes fit me only for a few weeks
    2.) my breast are gone
    3.) it's hard to shave behind my knee and even harder to shave my armpits
    4.) have to find new ways to sleep due to boney knees knocking at night causing bruises
    5.) people honk at me while I do yard work and I jump out of my skin, this seriously is a problem I won't even go to the mailbox anymore :( lol
    6.) skin is loose .....working on that , I own more moisturizer than I have in all my life !
    7.) my wedding rings do not fit
    8.) have to learn to sit , as my bottom is much smaller and get the tailbone pain
    9.) I'm capable of doing much more on my own ...so now have more to do
    10.) and finally ....I have weight loss guilt especially when I'm around people who are bigger than me ???? Weird !
  • ShaunaN5
    ShaunaN5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1. The Girl Scouts in my neighborhood are now unable to sell enough boxes of cookies to go to summer camp for free.
    2. Children at the beach no longer feel heroic trying to save a whale by pushing me back into the ocean.
    3. Restaurant patrons must now find something else to talk about instead of that obese lady eating nachos.
    4. My husband is tired all the time because he's kept up way more often now.
    5. My friends are trying to figure out which one of them will now be considered the "fat" one of the group.
    6. When I miss my mouth the food now falls to my lap instead of into my bra. Therefore, ending the game, "rummage through my cleavage".
    7. Hundreds of Coca Cola workers have been laid off from reduced sales of their product.
    8. Planet Fitness is spending much more for my time there in electricity than my $10 a month will pay for.
    9. My students can no longer use the excuse, "I didn't do the assignment because I couldn't see the white board".
    10. Lastly, the poor ice cream man has been driving down my street every hour because he misses me.

Love this! Made me giggle!
  • ntftnm
    ntftnm Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • negator5543
    negator5543 Posts: 36
    Options
    I can no longer cross my arms and rest them against the top of my belly, they just slide down :(
  • swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am down 30 ish pounds with about 50 ish to go but noticed a week or two ago the "knocking knees" issues when I lay on my side at night and am considering a body pillow to help with that. This morning at yoga we were on our bellies on the mat, doing back exercises - during bow pose, my lower rib cage was uncomfortable as it was pressed hard against the mat. How do skinny people manage all this bony stuff???

I am also a previously warm blooded person who is having to adapt to wearing sweaters and fleece all the time because I am so darn cold. I sleep in socks now for pete's sake!

Also, I can no longer stand to wear my size 20 pants - they are just too baggy to tolerate. I have purchased 3 pairs of 18s which are fine but that doesn't make it through a 5 day work week does it? And it won't help me on the weekend since I need jeans or capris and I have none that fit. I hate to shop.

Love this thread.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    wife complaining that its harder to use my biscuits to warm her feeties.
  • DanielleH1213
    DanielleH1213 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    - All of the band tees that I've been collecting since middle school are now literal tents on me )':
    - As many have already said, the annoying perpetual coldness and newfound difficulty in sitting comfortably.
    - I don't automatically get dibs on the front seat of the car anymore (on account of the extra room I needed when I was heavier) and consequently have to squeeze in the back with the rabble now.
    - I've always been super uncoordinated and prone to bumping into things or tripping, but without the extra weight anchoring me to a certain degree I've become a 24/7 one woman slapstick act.
    - Strangers actually talk to me now! On one hand, this is kind of nice but I also have debilitating social anxiety so I get pretty flustered when it happens.

Make a quilt out of your band t-shirts! Then you get to keep them around and it will keep you warm!
  • lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    My face became too thin, long, skeletal, but my hips are still big.
  • must_deflate
    must_deflate Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have to belt my jeans in to keep them from falling off.
  • cmazurek85
    cmazurek85 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    1) I spend less money on food because I can't eat as much as I used to!
    2) Chocolate chip cookies and pizza just don't have the same appeal as they used to!
  • mrslstage
    mrslstage Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great thread!

-wedding ring only fits on middle finger, same for husband who's lost 100lbs as well

-harder to shave

-my boss told me I should try & get some new clothes (how about a raise then)

-had to get rid of all my sandals, leather too stretched out

I'm sure there's lots more. I'll keep thinking.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I think I already posted in this thread somewhere, but can I just emphasize. . . I am COLD all the time! I used to be too hot most of the time and now I'm in winter clothes, even a fleece vest, constantly!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!