The Unfriendly Jeans

Options
At this time last year I had a pair of jeans that were my back up jeans for hectic weeks when I would get behind on laundry. They were about 2 sizes too big on me and I had to wear a belt with them. Now, a year later, I can't button those jeans because they're so tight. I also have circulation problems with my legs that cause my feet to fall asleep. Every couple of months I get motivated and make out a plan but by day 3 I give up. This time I'm going to stand up to myself and follow through. I downloaded this app to help me keep track of my eating but looking at the website I'm hoping to find people to communicate and share support with. I get no support at home, just negativity. I'm really looking forward to this experience!

Replies

• Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! You'll find lots of support here and motivation. Check out some of the challenges others have set up, they really help keep me on track when I feel like slacking. Good luck on your journey!!!
  • MrsFoster18
    MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am looking for support as well! Feel free to add me if you would like! I started using this website back in July and stopped within a month even though I was seeing results. This time feels different and I feel like I am ready to have control of my self! Let's do this!!
  • melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Oh I soooo feel you on the unfriendly jeans! It was a bad day the day I realized my fat jeans were really too tight! This site is really great, and there's a lot of good info here. :) Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. I love having more support buddies!
  • dlangenfeld
    Options
    I'll add you as a friend...the more friends you have the better it works. We can do this!!!

2589932.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jeebsah
    jeebsah Posts: 39
    Options
    oh yeah...the too small jeans, I think that is what drives most of us here lol. You are definitely in a good place. Everyone here is so supportive. I started off using the app, if you have a smart phone I recommend using the app for on the go tracking. Good luck!
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Oh I have a pair of those too! They are currently banished to the back of my closet. I'll retrieve them in 3 months.....

I'll add you :)

L.
  • merichick
    merichick Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We all have had a pair of Fat jeans that are too tight, that ws my motivation too, it was something so small yet it had the power to slap me in the face and scream WAKE UP! Time to do something about it

I joined back in April last year and lost weight but due to my faythers death I kind of let things slide a little and now my fat jeans are no longer fat jeans. I started again on 26th december and lost 5lbs in the 1st week! enough motivation for me to keep going.

I love this site too as it isn`t just about logging what goes in your mouth but also supoorts with the help of others going through teh same as you, weather it is teh fat jeans, a bad day and all you want to do is gorge on chocolate or just want to chat.

2011 Is going to be my skinny year x
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    Labor Day was my bad jean moment! I put on the size 12's and they were tight----previously my had to wear a belt jeans.......I have since lost 23 pounds and found my way back to a 8/10 [depending on the brand]. I still have ten pounds to go and intend to maintain myself with this site for a long time to come. My final goal is a six pack! Why not!

You will do great here! There are so many great people to lend support and help you on your journey! Ignore the negativity at home, this is your journey~~ with us! Welcome and best of luck!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • carrieann8080
    Options
    Add me :) the more support the better right? I think you will really like the site!
  • Bekah13
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about the negativity at home. Losing weight is hard enough on its own. I can't imagine trying to do it without support. This website is great. I have a sister and a niece on here who hold me accountable. :) We have set goals for ourself this year and plan to help eachother stick to them. Hopefully you can find someone like this too, or send me a friend request and you can join in our small support group. :) We are VERY positive. Hope things go great for you this year.
    Bekah
  • SweetOrganics
    SweetOrganics Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I'm currently squeezing into my fat jeans & have to keep washing them because I refuse to buy the next size larger. I have to do this alone too while cooking for my family. My husband used to travel for a living, but every since he got a local job 11 months ago, I've gained 25 lbs! I just started yesterday, but so far so good. I have to get back into my real clothes by Easter.