Logging small plates at a restaurant?

Looking for some advice! I'm going out for some nibbles before an event with friends tomorrow night, and I'm trying to plan ahead of time. How do you log something like "Crispy Scallion Cracker, Chorizo, Caramelized Onions, Horseradish Quark & Herb Chimichurri"? Especially when it will be something that will be shared.... Do you try to find a similar recipe? Do you just hold a certain number of calories? Any advice is appreciated!

Replies

• Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    I dont eat out often so when I do I really dont worry to be honest.
    I roughtly quick log calories so I at least log something.
    1 meal is not going to hurt so go out and enjoy.

The way I see it is, what is the point of doing it if you are not going to have fun doing it and you are miserable?
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Unless that specific restaurant has posted nutritional info for their menu, you're just going to be guessing. Even a similar dish elsewhere might be made with wildly different ingredients. I would just look at nutritional info for several similar things and estimate high.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    I would try to find a recipe online that has nutrition info. For things that are based with veggies/fruit, I would estimate lower. Things with meats, cheese, bread I would over estimate and keep to a minimum.

I'm going to an event tonight with small plate food pairings and beer samples. Honestly, I'm just skipping dinner and logging the event as 2,000 calories.
  • amerikanbelle
    amerikanbelle Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks for your advice!
  • amerikanbelle
    That's a good plan. Thanks for your input :)
  • amerikanbelle
    That's a really good point. Thanks for chiming in!