NSV: Just eating.

Options
Today, I ate. I ate what I wanted, and enjoyed every single bite. I'm not scared of hunger anymore. This morning woke up with a raging appetite, and instead of trying to drown it in diet coke, I ate. First a cup of coffee, then a smoothie, then three more cups of coffee, all without fretting over the high calories.

I packed a healthy lunch, high in nutrients, but also high in calories. High calorie health food used to terrify me. I used to classify food as "acceptable" and "UNacceptable", I used to only eat 500 calories a day. But today, I ate.

I ate a snack, and then it was workout time. I was supposed to do 30 minutes of strength, 4 miles, and 20 minutes of other cardio. I did the elliptical for 20 and did 30 min of strength, but 2 miles into my run, I felt a flare in my shins. I've been recovering from some major shin splints, so listening to common sense, I stopped running. Usually, I just push through the pain and further injure myself, but today, I stopped.

After my workout, I cooked dinner. Before, I would have eaten 80 calorie cereal in almond milk because I didn't finish my workout, but today, I ate. I sauteed zucchini, squash, onions, garlic, and broccoli in coconut oil and topped it all with red lentils and nutritional yeast. High calorie health food. Delicious health food.

I just ate dinner, but I'm hungry again. So, I'm going to eat a snack. I've been trying to build up to 1500 calories (eventually 1800), and I'm finally seeing some progress.

I'm just so thankful that my perspective towards food, exercise, and health has changed. I'm proud of how far I've come. I'm excited about where I'm headed, and I'm glad that I can just eat.

Replies

• 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    That can certainly be a struggle sometimes! Glad you could enjoy it and feel good about it :) I have days where I just eat too. And I know that 1 day of eating near my TDEE isn't going to kill all the progress I made. Ironically, usually a day or two after I just eat, a couple more pounds fall off. Enjoy your NSV! That's a big one :)
  • mhiggi02
    mhiggi02 Posts: 5,988 Member
    Options
    Awesome! it sounds like a healthy and balanced perspective...good for you!
  • Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Great job! : )
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful NSV! :flowerforyou:
  • pitterpatti
    pitterpatti Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is one of the best NSVs I have ever seen on here. Being more positive about food is such an awesome thing. Go you!
  • Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    Options
    This is an awesome achievement. Changing our minds is 100 times harder than changing our bodies, and it takes so much strength & patience to see it through.
  • yungibear
    yungibear Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love this NSV! It gives me hope for my own struggles with how I view food! Thank you for sharing!
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    Thank you for this! Congrats on the NSV and listening to your body instead of "your mind" (the Acceptable and UNacceptable reasoning). Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!