Shake Weight?

Options
I recently bought a shake weight to help tone up my arms. I've only just started using this, and I'm wondering if anyone has any success stories or failures with it?

Replies

• Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I heard it was more of a gimmick then anything.....:/
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    IMO, it's a gimmick. I've also heard that handjobs are just as effective (and similar) but your hubby will be happy too.
  • louisejoe
    Options
    Lol, oh well. I have one now. The dvd it came with it actually quite good at general arm exercises, so I'll keep at it, and who knows.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,426 Member
    Options
    IMO, it's a gimmick. I've also heard that handjobs are just as effective (and similar) but your hubby will be happy too.

OMG!!!! ROFLMAO!
  • tcdc86
    tcdc86 Posts: 14
    Options
    It does seem gimmicky when watching the commercial so I see where people may think that. But anything that makes you active or burn calories from movement has to be helpful. The back and forth motion movements with weight resistance should tone muscle. So what is the worst that could happen? I think you should give it a whirl and report back to us on how it did or didnt work for you!
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    You can get the same "workout" by shaking small free weights or a small child (joking!)

I was given one by someone that meant well....I tried it just to see what it did so I could explain to my clients & all it gave me was a huge headache lol
  • louisejoe
    Options
    I will really try to keep at it. Although i'm thinking the 6 minutes is all it takes apparently is a bit less, but after doing the dvd my arms are tired. I was thinking that someone would of have some experience with it, i've read mixed reviews. But yehh, will defo keep going with it :) thanks to all the comments x
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Lol, oh well. I have one now. The dvd it came with it actually quite good at general arm exercises, so I'll keep at it, and who knows.

Well- I ALSO have one and it worked for me. I dont follow the video anymore, I just do the tricep shake mostly and I combine it with dumbells and when I quit for a while I noticed! I use it when I am watchign TV sometimes too- if nothing else it burns calories- but I definately noticed more definition. Hope this helps!
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Oh- and when you do the video- make sure you dont lock your knees- and dont close your jaw completely- this eliminated some of the soreness for me. AND- if your sore your most likely working muscles if your doing it right. I LOVE MINE!