Staying motivated; How often...??

Options
So, it is SO hard to just weigh myself once a week. I get so curious about how much I weigh after a few days. I am trying not to weigh myself everyday because I know that it can fluctuate based on water retention etc...

So, to stay successful how often do you weigh yourself? Every other day? Every 3 days? Once a week? :)

Replies

• Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I weigh myslef once a week, thursday (the day i started MFP) first thing after a pee. i find that i see moe of a loss, and more encouraging rather than if i weighed in everyday

hope this helps
    :flowerforyou:
  • sinks
    sinks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well, I weigh myself every morning. But I don't put too much stress on little 1lb fluctuations. I do it, just because it helps me understand better how different things affect my body, like different foods, exercises. Noticing that lifting weights might make the wieght go up for the days that I am sore, noticing that I tend to lose more regularly when I am not on vacation and have a set routine. But that's just me, and it works for me. You gotta do what works for you. Plus, I like to know when I've lost a pound, I can't wait for that gratification!
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I have weighed once a week since I began MFP. Once in a while I peak during the week but think it works best for me to wait to really see a difference and keep motivation.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I agree once a week. I uasually do Monday morning after I pee. and I never weigh myself durring my period...it only makes me want to cry.
  • Hannastyrbjorn
    Options
    I'm obsessive - i can't not weigh myself every day but for my own sanitys sake I have a goal to try to weigh in once a week.
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Weigh once a month, find that if I do don't put so much stress,anxiety on myself because of a number! Goal is a Healthy Lifestyle and if using diary,exercising,& proper foods the weight issue will take care of itself! Good Luck!

Remember its not how fast you lose,BUT the final goal being reached and keeping it off!:wink:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I am one of those who weighs everyday.
    I never got on the scale for years and
    everything got out of control. So this
    works for me. I take into consideration
    the water retention etc. etc. As long as
    I see it going down I am happy.
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options
    I weigh myself every Wednesday :) I usually weigh myself kind of midday, like before dinner. But I have a wee peek every so often during the week
  • JenabeeRose
    JenabeeRose Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I do weigh myself a few times a week, but my official weigh ins are mondays so compare each Monday's weight to figure out how much I've really lost. I can't stay away from the scale because then i let things get out of control... That's how i gained the weight, is by not stepping on the scale enough
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I started to weigh myself once in the morning everyday. It keeps me honest with myself and I know I don't want to look at that water gain, so I'm always sucking down some water. Want that chocolate cake, ok, but you're going to see it on the scale tomorrow!
  • Natalie0506
    Options
    I'm trying to weigh myself once a week, but it's hard. I want to see how well I'm doing, but I know that I get discouraged very easily.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!